Lowering shift knob height.

chuck31583

Southwestern Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I dont know if this makes sense or not but I was wondering if there is any way to lower the height of the shift knob in ths Si. I'm not exactly sure what a short shifter does but from what i understand, it creates shorter throws from gear to gear. As im driving, I find it more comfortable to shift from the stem rather than the knob. About an inch and half to two inches lower would be great. Thanks.

I have both,now u run the 1 1/4 countersunk knob only and bit eurjs great !

My bad didn't notice,I have both the short shifter and the countersunk knob, I took the short shifter off after I bent two shift cables and am hesitant to put it back on,I will say though that the countersunk know is great,and I could not drive without it.it drops it 1 1/4 lower,and is heavy.

6epa6uhu.jpg

or... if you want a knob made 100% specifically for the 9thgen, you can try our F-Bomb with Delrin collar:

f_bomb_shift_knob_grfxp_grafixpressions_8thcivic.jpg

grfxp_f_bomb_shift_knob_grafixpressions_honda_ci.jpg

If you install shift cable bushings without a spherical bearing they tend to bind which can bend the cables pretty easily.

If all you want to do is to lower the knob height, you can thread the factory shifter as far down as the first bend if you want to, cut off the top of the shifter shaft, reinstall the knob of your choice. Lowers the knob and shortens the shifter throw at the same time. Instant short shifter and lower knob. Cheap, too.

Back