Rasky's work! :)

Find something better?

I have a few coatings that excel in certain attributes, and I do feel CQuartz Finest and a few others are better "overall" coatings, but OC is still an excellent product that was faster to apply and I felt it was more resistant to some things. They also dropped OC 2.0 and replaced it with a 2yr "Gloss-Coat" coating. That change didn't bother me but a lot of consumers seem to be upset by it as it was marketed as "permanent" coating and Gloss-Coat is only marketed at 2yrs. Realistically, 2 years is all the longer they need to last given how most people care for their cars.

My reason for dropping Opti-Coat Pro was the 3rd price increase by Optimum in just over 2 years. In total the product would have now costed me 600% more than it did in 2012, and we were being forced to offer the worthless warranty, which had a much higher MAP. These changes were done again without notice, just like the 2 previous price changes, and I, along with many other installers, have had enough. To many new and good products out there now to have to put up with that.

Integrity over money!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
rasky in a quad cab truck??

LOL, Yep! Plan to start our home addition next year and I was going to need a truck. Was looking at used trucks on Autotrader and an add popped up for this one, lease for $269 a month, $269 down at signing. Was a no brainer for me. :)

Haven't had time to do anything other than wash it yet...plan to coat it with CQF when I have a weekend off...or maybe a few coatings for testing purposes.

Reactions: Nix
Pair of black W12 Phaeton’s, Major Paint Correction and Long-Term Coating

This new client contacted me back in April about a pair of W12 Phaetons for full detailis and paint coatings. We ended up going with my Premium Exterior package as well as a full interior (not pictured) and long term paint coatings. Both cars were in need of some major correction.

Car #1

50/50

All done

Car #2

50/50 After initial correction, no finishing yet

After…was getting dark and about to rain. :(

Thanks for looking,
Rasky

2012 Bentley Flying Spur Speed, Major Paint Correction

This car is a referral from a good client on mine, the first of several cars to be done. Owner plans to sell in the next year so no long term coating on this one.

Before pics

Major swirls

One door had been repainted and there was lots of sanding marks still in the paint.

TOGW

50/50 shots

LED work light

Fenix LED

Repainted door

black: "amazing when clean"

did the owner put bentley wheels on the vw? caps?

I can't get enough of these before and after shots. You sir work some serious magic. :clapping:
You make me want to try this on my old Montana mini van which is full of swirls. It won't matter if I f:unicorn: up a bit. I could hit it with Meguiars Ulitimate compound with my non-professional buffer machine. Then I'm thinking to use Maguiars Ultimate wax and buff with machine. What do you think?

Reactions: Nix
Raskys an artist man. I don't think Ive seen many people who can take such good before/after comparisons and really capture the difference.

black: "amazing when clean"

did the owner put bentley wheels on the vw? caps?

They are actually Bentley Wheels and he used the stock wheels for the winter. I didn't know it prior doing doing those cars, but they are actually based off the Continental GT. I actually noticed a lot of similar/carry over features on the Flying Spur too.

I can't get enough of these before and after shots. You sir work some serious magic. :clapping:
You make me want to try this on my old Montana mini van which is full of swirls. It won't matter if I f:unicorn: up a bit. I could hit it with Meguiars Ulitimate compound with my non-professional buffer machine. Then I'm thinking to use Maguiars Ultimate wax and buff with machine. What do you think?

Thanks!

You be surprised how much correction you can get with a DA polisher like the Porter Cable 7424. Pad and product choice, as well as technique are key though. I say go for it...pretty hard to mess up the paint with a DA like that. ;)

Raskys an artist man. I don't think Ive seen many people who can take such good before/after comparisons and really capture the difference.

Thank you! They don't always come out so well though and IMO they don't usually show how bad the paint really was. Lighting is key and I'm slowly learning by playing with different apertures on different colors, a tip from another user. Having the time to take the shots helps too, which I often don't have a lot of. Light colors and metallics are very hard to capture defects on.

I know he lives in a snow area, so he may not be doing a lot of detail work.

Back