Choosing the color

Hey guys. Likely getting a 14 Civic Sedan EX and can't decide between silver, modern steel metallic, or black

I think the black looks the most sharp but with that of course comes with the cost of owning a black car. Scratches and anything else with show up in an instant. The modern steel (gray) looks cool, but does anyone else feel like the black paint on the rims make this gray color come off as kind of dull and bland? Then finally there is silver which looks nice but i'm also not sure about.

I have Dyno Blue Pearl and personally love it. It is quite a unique color depending on the way the light hits it--especially during dawn/dusk hours. Like a black car, it has to be clean to appreciate the color though. That being said, if I had to do it differently, I would probably go white with white wheels (and tinted windows). Just something about the way it looks that I really like...and I usually don't like white cars at all.

Of course, that doesn't help at all with the color choices you asked about! :confused:

lol not at all. I personally find white to be a little girly.

It's true about black where it has to be squeaky clean or else its a lost cause

Gray or silver is a different story and those colors buy you a lot of time in between car washes in my opinion

Silver is the best color for people that are lazy to wash their car.:) It's very easy to keep it clean and scratches are not that visible.

I had two black cars, in a row. The first was a choice because the dealership had a ton to pick from. The second, however, was the only 2012 Si they'd ever gotten, up to that point in time. They claimed it was the first one in the Northeast (I call bs, but it was definitely one of very few). Anyway, after that, I'll never own a black car again. This was my '12. Sure looked good when it was clean! I do miss her, sometimes :( I love my RR '13 tho. I can definitely go WAAAAAAAAAAAY longer between washes, without it looking like crap. 411955_552346104843_1683221107_o.jpg

go with silver for sure. it'l stress you out less not worrying about washing it all the time

Check mine out, i havent washed it in months. Its grimey as hell and you can barely tell. And that rhymes

tSoi9iN.jpg

Last edited:
Love my dyno blue a lot. It's really pretty and I disagree that it's like black to take care of. Don't get me wrong it looks like crap in the winter but even my white & tan Subaru did. I like white as a second choice, but in the Si it definitely looks better. How about Urban Titanium?

Back