Däs Bûten's Dyno Blue Si 2014 Build Thread!

¡Däs Boot!

I go to school in Rochester, NY, but live on Long Island, so if you're near there send me a PM! The car is a lease, however I feel that I will have no problem modifying the car, then taking the mods off later on, or the leasing company has $1500 worth of "repairs" that there is no charge for, if I'm feeling lazy I can always leave a modified part on and be charged for replacement to stock.

All the mods for now will be cosmetic, I have about $800 to spend going into the winter and it will get me much farther in the cosmetic end, a hondata alone is 600. Plus my car is new and I want to enjoy stock performance until the spring at least.

Current Mods:
35% sides, 20% rear window tint from hi-line tint (local tint shop, highly reccomened)--$215
PIAA 2500k yellow fog lights, just the bulbs no vinyl. -- $60
JDM steering wheel H -- $40
APH in flag language on the tail (it's a family thing I think it looks great though)--free
Red LED footwell lighting --- $35
Mugen Power Oil filler cap -- $10
Flat Blue Civic logo vinyl --- $10
Red Euro Tail Lights Vinyl from grafixpressions -- $22
Blue trunk led strip (hard wired to trunk light highly recommend) -- $15
White LED backup lights(got a red one) --- $13
Cold White LED License Plate illumination lights --- $8
9th Civic Sticker! --- $3
Snap On Trunk orgainzer<<<<get this, any trunk orgainzer. best $30 ever all my cleaning supplies are so neat now.

Running total: $432

I want new headlights, it's next on the list, finishing off my budget.

Springtime will bring trackday mods, as I am only 1.5 hours from Watkins Glen.

IMG_1309.JPG Sooo shiny!!

IMG_1310.JPG JDM!!!

IMG_1312.JPG
Tint and APH in flags

Feel free to ask any questions you want here, legality, links, how to, literally anything and I will answer as best I can

Last edited:
Nice. Welcome. APH? Arnold Palmer's Hospital?

lollll Alexandre Philippe Haussmann. Me and my brother and our last name.

Once all mods that have been ordered are installed, expect near professional quality photos, until then... iPhone photos lol.

IMG_1319.JPG Didn't know where to share this so it goes in the build thread. Saw this on campus today. Hellaflushhhh. ew.

Back on topic! Trunk LED's are in! looks like a rave back there! It's so messy I need a cargo net but honda want's $115 to install and I don't want to drill into it myself. Any suggestions? Also I hid the drivers side LED bar and right in time because I just got my first speeding ticket. 71 in a 45... he wrote it up as running a red light thankfully however I am still going to try and make sure I have no points on my record... insurance is expensive enough as it is.
IMG_1325.JPG

the vinyl is in!!! how hard is it going to be to attach this? should I hire a professional or could I do it myself? I bought a vinyl squeegee and will get my hands on a heat gun, it's pretty cold this time of year.

Reactions: Nix
Which part are you trying to vinyl?

Also, I used to live in Rochester. Be careful driving anywhere up by the lake. The whole Charlotte area is saturated with cops. There is a state police and a local PD station on Latta Rd right before 390. I mean the whole of Irondequoit is bad but yea, anywhere by the ferry port is heavily patrolled from what I remember. Especially in the summer. Lake ave usually has a speed trap in the middle of the cemetery. The speed is 35 but just go 33 until you see past the cemetery entrance if you're headed up that way. They park a car like it's broke down but are sitting in it gunning people and 3 more cars sit up the road a bit and nail people.

I did used to have some fun blasting around a couple spots.... here....

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43....1d-77.556144!2d43.23071!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e0?hl=en

Go check out Kings Highway from Culver to the lake. Slow it down when you get to the park. You'll know. There is occasionally a cop in the parking lot at the golf course/pavillion thing but not often.

Another loop i used to hit. I worked at Rochester General Hospital so these were both loops I could hit leaving work.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/145...m2!1d-77.554695!2d43.231336!1m1!4e1!3e0?hl=en

This one is 104 W to 590S. It's a two lane on ramp that you can hit pretty fast. Get off at the first exit you can and then right back onto 590N. That onramp is super super tight and uphill. Pretty fun cause you can definitely go full throttle to get up to highway speed. The ramp is short so hit VTEC hard! hahahah. Continue on 590N to sea breeze drive. It's a series of traffic circles which are fun to just swing around the edge and keep going straight. After the 4th one you go all the way around and cross culver and you're back onto the road by the lake and can hit Kings highway in reverse back down to 104 and head home.

I don't know how familiar you are with the area but if these aren't too far they might be worth looking at before the snow flies.

I am doing vinyl on my civic logo, and my tail lights. Tail lights are what I'm worried about, because of the curve.

I usually rip through the back roads in north chili, but I was being dumb and ripped on the main highway beaver road, a patrol car clocked me and turned around to get me. I actually go to RIT so i'm not even near irondiquiot but I will totally check that area out! I've only been up there to go to hi-line tint, I've hit the 590 while taking a girl out once and really whipped the tail it's a tight turn haha. I usually go south, because for me south is where civilization ends, I've gone as far down as avon sometimes when I'm just ripping the country roads. Kings highway looks awesome I feel like it would be littered with cops tho for sure.

The cops around here are pretty nice compared to Long Island, I'm surprised they pull crap like that with the speed traps. Went through a road block checking for tint and inspections, i have 35 around they let me go. On long island/the city they would for sure ticket me.

Where are you now if I might ask?

Louisville Kentucky. Hehe. Since last October.

The taillight tint shouldn't be too bad. Use a sprayer and some soapy water. It'll let you float it pretty nice until you get it where you want. Once you start squeegeeing the water out it should stick pretty quick in those spots.

Just a coupe drops of dish soap in a few ounces of water should be enough.

yeah hopefully it's warm enough tomorrow, I will probably just borrow a hair dryer instead of using a heat gun. So jealous I hate the cold here in rochester!

bought a snap on trunk organizer pics to come when it arrives! I totally got the wrong bulbs for my license plate illuminator and back up lights. Got a 7440 for the back up light, turns out I need a w16w, I have some trouble understanding bulbs lol.

superbrightleds.com has a pretty good bulb finder. I use them for reference even if i buy somewhere else.

CIVIC SI DOWN! ok that's a bit dramatic. I got rear ended today. Awesome. Nothing serious, some bent plastic, and big ol' scrapes in the bumper from his license plate bolts. Will show pictures of damage tomorrow. First estimate is 500 bucks, I have the guy's phone number, I'm not going to let insurance know, even if this guy screws me and never responds to my calls/texts I'm still saving money over the premium hikes I would get from being in any accident under 25.

I accidently bought RED backup lights!!! Bought some cool ice blue license plate illuminators, nice red vinyl is on, threw her in reverse and isntead of a cool blue beam of light, it was red! ! ! Pics to come.

Back