Däs Bûten's Dyno Blue Si 2014 Build Thread!

@Nix I didn't know you were up in lake placid! I love lake placid man! Lisa G's is pretty good, and I'm a snobby NYC eater. You have NO idea how exited I am to hit the roads in lake placid, the cascades will know none other like me! (assuming I don't go in the middle of a blizzard). White face will be fun too I haven't gone skiing in years.

Btw how is bristol mountian? I'm thinking of doing a skiing class offered by RIT there.

Also, Si is fixed! Will be picking her up at 5:30. Pics of the operating room: IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1402.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
1st oil change by honda all done!! Guy was upset my tires were only 33psi they are now 38 psi due to my 'hard turns'. LOL. Tires will be rotated by myself this wendsday or friday.

Hey man,

Yeah, we used to hit Bristol every so often. It's definitely not too bad at all. Catch it just after a few inches fall and it is very good. The trail called Southen Cross is pretty fun and they usually put in a really nice terrain park. There is the big side that is under the lift that services the park and then on the right side of the trees, while on the lift, is the easier stuff. I like the easy one cause you can practice and not embarrass yourself too bad since the lift can't see you! Hahaha. It's all over a very nice mountain. Definitely take advantage of any deals you can. Skiing/boarding is expensive!

I had a season pass to Whiteface the couple of years I worked in a ski shop in Placid. It was awesome. You could run over in the mornings during the week and have fresh corduroy to yourself! It was killer. There were very few big snowfalls though and it was generally very very icy. On powder days there are some semi-secret glades that are to die for. You would think you had gone out west.

Honestly, be very careful driving up to LP. The roads the whole way, assuming you take route 3 from Watertown to Saranac Lake which is one of the easiest and most common routes, is 55mph the whole dang way. There are tons of State Troopers and local PD in all the small towns along the way. Loads of blind curves and hills they like to hide behind. The speed limit drops often and drops quickly. Just a heads up on that but it's totally worth the drive for a weekend in LP. Staying in Placid itself can be super expensive but there is a Best Western in Saranac that can be pretty affordable on non-holiday weeks.

Lisa G's? Dude. Wing night $0.25/each and $1 PBR cans. A $20 went a long ways! It was the best right after work. I used to work at the now defunct Mountain and Boardertown on the corner of Main (86) and rt.73 (lisa Gs')

Closed up:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lisa G's/@44.2795325,-73.9801693,3a,75y,0.55h,88.54t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sCvd4RP4JBL5udbVKmzjsUQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x4e9ccca84e526c14

I have family/friends in lake placid and keene so I'm good for a place to stay thankfully :P.. thanks for the heads up on route 3 I will probably be exiting lake placid that way to go to Rochester, but I come up from long island, and usually get off I-87 around lake George and bum rush the back roads the rest of the way, not many cops but it was one hell of a ride in my mother's RDX haha.

The golden arrow is very affordable during the off season, and right on mirror lake. I stayed there a weekend to stay out of my host's hair and it was really nice.

thanks for the bristol pointers i'm excited to get skiing again!

long time updates! went skiing for the first time in a decade, ******* scary but now determined to get good lolol. Included in this update: my first 'professional' photo of the Si, taken after an air soft game in the mud!
rsz_cararar.jpg

I also got a valentine one! I plan on hard wiring it in the coming days, as it looks very ugly with the 12v power cord.

What footwell lights are those? I need some that bright, my oem ones suck
http://www.ledunderbody.com/4pc-Interior-Lighting-Kits.aspx

I would go with these, they make SMD ones now but who needs 'em if you're hiding your lights anyway? The 3M strips do wear out after a couple months so I would use zip ties (not included) as well.

Also, I did blue lights in my trunk with a strip from superbrightleds.com, they are pricey but they make it really freakin' easy to buy new bulbs inside and out.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/4pc-Interior-Lighting-Kits.aspx

I would go with these, they make SMD ones now but who needs 'em if you're hiding your lights anyway? The 3M strips do wear out after a couple months so I would use zip ties (not included) as well.

Also, I did blue lights in my trunk with a strip from superbrightleds.com, they are pricey but they make it really freakin' easy to buy new bulbs inside and out.

Thanks man! I will for sure get those, I love how bright they are

Is this easy bulb replacement? My car is orange so not sure if I should get red to match the rest of the interior or orange.:think: First world problems:pat:

How about blue?:tongue:

Yeah I'm gonna get the red bulbs

Back