Health/Fitness Routines?

How do you guys come up with your diet?

For me I usually eat 1 bagel with cream cheese in the morning and drink iced coffee at the same time.

350ml of milk
250ml of water
2.5 tea spoon of Nescafe dark roast
Add a little bit of Delight french vanilla

Then later on I eat chicken breast with brown rice and some veggies. In the afternoon I usually eat some yogurt or pineapple and kiwi. I'm trying to stay away from eating potatoes and bread for breakfast. Also when going to the gym I always take protein shake with me, so in case I feel a little hungry after cardio I drink that.:confused:

For me I usually eat 1 bagel with cream cheese in the morning and drink iced coffee at the same time.

350ml of milk
250ml of water
2.5 tea spoon of Nescafe dark roast
Add a little bit of Delight french vanilla

Then later on I eat chicken breast with brown rice and some veggies. In the afternoon I usually eat some yogurt or pineapple and kiwi. I'm trying to stay away from eating potatoes and bread for breakfast. Also when going to the gym I always take protein shake with me, so in case I feel a little hungry after cardio I drink that.:confused:

Depends on your goals. If you are trying to lose weight, your diet has way too many simple carbs.

For me I usually eat 1 bagel...in the morning, I'm trying to stay away from eating...bread for breakfast.

Ummm...a bagel is bread. :confuzzled:

I dont really have any nutrition advice. I try really hard in the gym, but since im 20 I can basically eat whatever I want and look the same. Pair that up with the fact that Im in college and im usually really busy/broke, and its the perfect example of what NOT to eat hahaha

Its like an mixture of noodles, cereal, eggs and sometimes the occasional hamburger helper or chicken fried rice. When im lucky there might be a meeting with extra pizza that i take home and eat for days. I usually have a steady supply of bananas and apples, but i havent eaten a real green vegetable since i ate thanksgiving with my parents, and probably not again til christmas. I only drink water and whole milk and iced tea. Mmmmmm..... delish! Lmao

So do the opposite of that?? Lol

Tilapia, salmon, chicken breast, and eggs are the three main proteins I eat. I'll eat the occasional steak here and there. I limit my carb intake but stick with brown and whole wheat for the carbs I do consume. I also eat a lot of unsalted cashews and almonds. The main thing I need to improve on diet wise is the amount of vegetables I consume. I don't care for salads or any uncooked vegetables for the most part. I need to find a way to incorporate them into my diet much more frequently.

I try to drink close to a gallon of water a day which is a lot. Absolutely no fruit juices or anything with added sugar. Also no processed foods. I also have 1-2 scoops of whey protein mixed with water on days that I workout.

I try to eat around 1700-2000 calories a day. Very rarely do I meet those numbers with strictly clean eating which is something I'm trying to improve on.

Depends on your goals. If you are trying to lose weight, your diet has way too many simple carbs.

Ummm...a bagel is bread. :confuzzled:

haha yeah I know that is bread, but it's so hard to say no.:( My goal is to go back to my original weight which was 190lbs, right now I'm at 205lbs.

Weight loss is simple:
Eat less. Move more.
If you don't see any weight loss:
Eat less. Move more.

Cut out sugar and simple carbs. Replace with fiber. Increase your fat and protein intake. Those simple carbs will kill any attempt you make at eating healthier by screwing with your bloodsugar and insulin spikes. Also, try not to drink your calories.

I also eat a banana before a workout and it helps keep me from stuffing myself when I get back. And it also gives you enough energy to get through a long workout too, its like a habit I kinda got into because i heard someone say something about it. You could try giving that a shot too?

Weight loss is simple:
Eat less. Move more.
If you don't see any weight loss:
Eat less. Move more.

Cut out sugar and simple carbs. Replace with fiber. Increase your fat and protein intake. Those simple carbs will kill any attempt you make at eating healthier by screwing with your bloodsugar and insulin spikes. Also, try not to drink your calories.

Almost forgot when doing cardio I also do my back, chest and sometimes biceps. I want to lose weight, but also have my body in decent shape. I need to focus also on doing legs, triceps and stomach as well.

I also eat a banana before a workout and it helps keep me from stuffing myself when I get back. And it also gives you enough energy to get through a long workout too, its like a habit I kinda got into because i heard someone say something about it. You could try giving that a shot too?

I eat bananas very often before going to the gym too.

I prefer movements like the deadlift, squat and bench press. Crossfit is just asking for your **** to get snapped up in my opinion.

I swear I can never do anything at the gym in the morning, my body is still not ready and I literally have to force myself to get anything done. Actually last week I stopped taking creatine since C4 already has few mg's in it.

A good cure for waking up (if you don't do coffee or something) is just taking a small dose of that pre-workout for some energy. All you need is enough to want to get going.

There is only 1g of creatine in C4, so keep that in mind (don't know how many you were taking before).

Do you guys use any protein powders? I want to try the ON protein

Arguably the best on the market. Bad thing is they know it and are steadily increasing the price.

I prefer movements like the deadlift, squat and bench press. Crossfit is just asking for your **** to get snapped up in my opinion.

Hey, as with everything, it's all about proper form or anything will snap your **** up.

Don't get me wrong though, I do not recommend Crossfit either. However, I think it can be a useful tool at getting people interested in fitness as long as you go into it knowing the risks and how to minimize/eliminate them.

That is always the tricky part of course... some of those exercises make me cringe.

I did the 400 challenge yesterday which is a challenge to see how fast you can do 100 reps of 4 different excercises. Its part of this workout program called AthleanX which is actually working pretty good. You have to be able to do it within 20 mins or something which is pretty easy. Ive been under 8:00 every time i took it, but the trainer who invented AthleanX did it in 7:12, and I got 7:10 so I finally beat him.:turbospin: Unfortunately, my friend is the one with the account so I can't post my time on the leaderboard. Which sucks, because I wanted to be the only 150 lb skinny guy up there with all the muscular people!! hahaha

For all you people with questions about working out and stuff, if you look up Athlean-X on YouTube, there's tons of videos with advice and example workouts and stuff. I mean you have to of course listen to the sales pitch at some point, but its worth watching and there's some good videos and tips.

I still prefer lifting and then doing additional bodyweight/cardioas opposed to workout programs though. I've done both insanity and P90x and as long as you stay consistent and try hard they work, but you gotta lift too if you wanna keep your strength up.

And @BWill9886, yeah I agree, Crossfit is pretty sketchy looking. And all those kipping pull-ups aren't gonna do s*** compared to the ones with the right form.

A good cure for waking up (if you don't do coffee or something) is just taking a small dose of that pre-workout for some energy. All you need is enough to want to get going.

There is only 1g of creatine in C4, so keep that in mind (don't know how many you were taking before).

Arguably the best on the market. Bad thing is they know it and are steadily increasing the price.

Hey, as with everything, it's all about proper form or anything will snap your **** up.

Don't get me wrong though, I do not recommend Crossfit either. However, I think it can be a useful tool at getting people interested in fitness as long as you go into it knowing the risks and how to minimize/eliminate them.

That is always the tricky part of course... some of those exercises make me cringe.
That's the problem with cross fit. No form is enforced or even recommended.

Anybody here go to Planet Fitness ? I plan on switching from YMCA since PT is open 24/7.

LMFAO:rotfl: That girl damn.:hitit:

I guess I won't be joining PT. haha

I hate snap city!:). I'm all snapped up now:/. Not all workout related but...herniated L-4/5 and L5-S1 discs. Had an epidural steroid injection on Thursday and I'm feeling much better.

Started a nine week PT routine today. Saddened that it's going to be 9 weeks before I can really start lifting again but it's a great time to get back on my cardio and diet!

Last edited:
Back