HELP!!! solid shifter cable bushing stuck :(

The car should turn on as normal by holding down the clutch……regardless of what gear is selected.

The stiffness in getting into 5th, 6th. Is it WAY harder to shift than when you had the stock bushing?

The car should turn on as normal by holding down the clutch……regardless of what gear is selected.

The stiffness in getting into 5th, 6th. Is it WAY harder to shift than when you had the stock bushing?
Yeah its a lot stiffer like it almost doesn't even wanna go in gear, is this normal with the bushings lol

Not sure about not wanting to go in gear, but it should definitely be stiffer and have less play.

Does it feel that way on odd and even gears or just one or the other? If it is one or the other, or even sequentially, you may have bent the shifter cable.

Not sure about not wanting to go in gear, but it should definitely be stiffer and have less play.

Does it feel that way on odd and even gears or just one or the other? If it is one or the other, or even sequentially, you may have bent the shifter cable.
When I'm in neutral shaking the knob left and right it's pretty lose to the left and feels pretty stiff to the right, all gears feel stiffer just 5th and 6th are feeling excessively stiff

When I'm in neutral shaking the knob left and right it's pretty lose to the left and feels pretty stiff to the right, all gears feel stiffer just 5th and 6th are feeling excessively stiff

Hmmm...you probably bent the cable trying to get the bushing out. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference in feel left to right. Plus, the fact that 5/6 sequentially are giving you issues lends a bit more credence to a bent cable.

Hmmm...you probably bent the cable trying to get the bushing out. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference in feel left to right. Plus, the fact that 5/6 sequentially are giving you issues lends a bit more credence to a bent cable.
but wouldn't it be giving me problems as well in every other gear, what changes with the select and shift cable in 5th or 6th that's different with putting it in every other gear? Idk how these the shift selectors in this tranny are set up but if 5th and 6th are the farthest away then that makes a bit more sense

It depends where the bend is and how bad it is. I will let an engineer (calling @Nix @ethlar @Dar-Dar) try to explain the mechanics of it.
I have my manual transmissions ase and this is still a bit confusing to me, like why only 5th and 6th it should be match odd or even gears like you said. It might just be in my head, I'll try driving it first thing in the morning and see how that goes. If I'm popping out of gear or being weird I know what went wrong :(

5th and 6th are in the same line, which means one of the cables is stationary through that shift, its unlikely but possible that somehow the stationary cable's position or shift lever on the transmission is impeding the movement of the other cable, maybe things arent sitting 100% where they should be?

5th and 6th are in the same line, which means one of the cables is stationary through that shift, its unlikely but possible that somehow the stationary cable's position or shift lever on the transmission is impeding the movement of the other cable, maybe things arent sitting 100% where they should be?
Everything seems like it's okay, I drove the car and nothing bad is happening when I'm in those gears so I guess it's fine. But now the Check traction control system and check emissions and check power steering popped up on my dash

Everything seems like it's okay, I drove the car and nothing bad is happening when I'm in those gears so I guess it's fine. But now the Check traction control system and check emissions and check power steering popped up on my dash

Do a battery reset if you haven't already.

if the emissions light is for something related to a system the traction control can control then you get the traction control light too, so you likely only have the emissions related issue and not a traction control one too

if the emissions light is for something related to a system the traction control can control then you get the traction control light too, so you likely only have the emissions related issue and not a traction control one too
Yeah the codes are maf related cause I had the maf disconnected to long without the battery being disconnected.

Back