Si Suspension on Non Si fits!

Well, it seems the front struts won't fit the non Si because of a bolt diameter difference. I just read this in one of the threads Webby posted. RedShiftChris said...
"The camber bolts are different diameters between the EX and Si; so you cannot use the front strut/shock from one on the other. The front and rear springs will work though. And the Koni strut inserts will fit in either the EX or Si; so that can be done to either."

:(

The Si bolts are 16 mm, but the non Si bolts are 14 mm.

Last edited:
Is it worth it to get the just the Si rear ones and then get Koni inserts to replace the front ones?

paul, pm me, I've done 2 r18 with si shocks...

have feedback & real world test results i can share with you...
Really? The Si shocks fit on the non Si? Both front and rear?
Now I'm confused. I've got conflicting reports here.
@team3d @RedShiftChris Could you guys please confirm this for me?

Last edited:
Chris is the best source when it comes to suspension questions.

Team3d has 2 cars that he helped with SI shocks...its wayyy better then non SI i was gnna do it until i decided to sell my car.

This is what the seller of the Si suspension I want to buy is saying.......

"I know the SI camber bolts are 16mm and EX/ LX bolts are 14mm .
Companies like SPC only sell a 14 mm camber bolt model and do all the 2012+ Civic models with the same.
I guess the EX/LX camber bolts work with the Si struts but not the reverse ."

"I think they should should work since the aftermarket bolts are all 14mm bolts as are the EX/LX."

Does this makes sense to anyone? Does this mean some aftermarket coilovers have 14 mm bolts going into a 16 mm bolt hole?

I know that Team 3D is selling a conversion kit as a work around for the problem, but it's $150.00
I'm just trying to get my head around all of this so I can understand what I'm getting into before I buy. Thanks.

Last edited:
I wonder if people are just installing them with 14 mm bolts. ?

Last edited:
I have 2013 Si f/r shocks with r18 H&R sport lower springs on my LX for 4 months now. The car ride great and no noise what so ever. Recommended!

Hello? Why are you not posting the info publicly? Why would a vendor want to talk through pm when the solution could be public & net you additional sales?

Agreed. Sounds like a shady vendor to me.

Tein advertises reducer washers on their site to use the 16mm size SI strut on the non-SI models. It says specifically for the 2012s so its possible that 13' and up cars won't run into this issue. However, if you want to run an SI setup and need the reducers, Tein wants $150 for the kit.

http://teinusa-blog.com/2012-honda-civic-non-si-conversion-kit/

You can get the same 16mm to 14mm reducers from K-sport for $2 each.

http://ksportusa.com/b2c/proddetail.php?prod=RW0001
Wow. If that's really the same thing, that's nuts.

I'm going to go with the K Sports one. The price difference is crazy. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Back