Add Tron Style lights?

So, this stuff looks pretty tacky, but could be useful. I'm thinking about possibly using it to make an illuminated ignition key ring. Anyone have experience with this stuff? Can it be bent that small?

So, this stuff looks pretty tacky, but could be useful. I'm thinking about possibly using it to make an illuminated ignition key ring. Anyone have experience with this stuff? Can it be bent that small?
I bought one just to see what it's like.
It's very flexible. Just like plastic string. You can cut it off from it's batteries or other power, and simply wire it to anything.

how do you attach it? thats the only thing that held me back from buying it before.

Needs some sort of rubbery glue that could be peeled off easily. Don't know what brand though.

Needs some sort of rubbery glue that could be peeled off easily. Don't know what brand though.
thats what makes me concerned about using it in high traffic areas like cup holders and what not

I was thinking of using double faced tape.
They have double faced tape that's only 3mm thick, it's used to repair smartphones, but I think it would work nicely.

Anyone ever use this stuff? I'm still looking to put a light into the ignition ring. @team3d Have you ever seen a lit ignition ring for 9th gens? Is the 2012 ignition different from the 8th gens?
Really want to do this....
image.jpg

Anyone ever use this stuff? I'm still looking to put a light into the ignition ring. @team3d Have you ever seen a lit ignition ring for 9th gens? Is the 2012 ignition different from the 8th gens?
Really want to do this....
View attachment 42610

I did it for a buddies Camry before. It's pretty straight forward like LEDs but making it shorter takes a little effort.

I seen that, but am thinking small accent maybe. Or maybe a sort of resin to cover the bottom to spread the light evenly along the bottom for a soft glow

Back