Ski & Snowboard Thread

My goal for this weekend is to be able to turn both directions by the end of the day lol. Can't imagine doing what that guy did hahaha. That was awesome!!!

My goal for this weekend is to be able to turn both directions by the end of the day lol. Can't imagine doing what that guy did hahaha. That was awesome!!!
A beginner class on the slopes is very helpful. I've seen people progress greatly from one class.

A beginner class on the slopes is very helpful. I've seen people progress greatly from one class.
My one friend is an excellent snowboarder and he was teaching me last time.I went out which was also my first time snowboarding. We spent most of our time on black Diamond runs and I wasn't too far behind. Just had trouble turning right hahaha.

Snuck a quick trip to Blue Mountain tonight ^_^

xAnwyJq.jpg

Who could resist a chocolate hazelnut beaver tail with a cup of hot tea at the top of the slope? Not I~

zkwf5uw.jpg

It was... expensive :D but not bad, though I still like funnel cakes better as a "tourist snack".

P.S. I ordered a Fiesta ST 72 months @ 0%, Christmas cash back, and Costco discount... :wheee: 2nd time I passed over Honda @_@; all because of incentives. Now if only Ford would build and ship the thing already ^^;

I'll be snowboarding next week for the first time in like 12 years. I think that gif summed up what I was envisioning in my head, but more realistically a dude falling over from a standing position would be more accurate.

Went this weekend to the mountain I grew up skiing at with my fiancee and her little girl.

We skied the bunny slope all day long and I had more fun than I've had in a long time. Seeing her little girl's face when she figured it all out and how much fun she was having reminded me how much I love this sport. I forsee family skiing vacations in our future.

Ya, agree. I'm teaching my 5 year old daughter how to ski and having a blast. Last week, I spent about 3 hours on the bunny hill on my boots leading the way. It was fun sliding down the hill in my boots and watching her learning. We were going up the chairlift at the end of the day. She had already got the hang of it.

Nice! This was her (and my fiancee's) first day and they did awesome. She's 6 and we were going up the chairlift and making snowplow turns on the bunny slope by the end of the day! Talk about progress!

Me in Steamboat, Colorado. Making it a tradition to come here once a year. Just bought my very first snowboard and bindings. And I have to say...it is a whole another kind of snowboarding now :)
abc0d0848cc0578d4f83601af6e06a80.jpg
Steamboat...now that's a real mountain! That place is massive.

Steamboat...now that's a real mountain! That place is massive.

Yeah it is! Last year I hit up Arapahoe Basin and Keystone. So far I'm enjoying Steamboat the best haha. I love the fact that in spring skiing, you can go down the slopes without a jacket. So it's just comfortable.

My local mountain should be open at the second week of December.:wheee:

Back