9th Gen Si vs FR-S

xZeusx

Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Which one is better over all? I think 9th gen SI looks lot better the the FR-S. Also Si is more comfortable then the FR-S for the daily drive. I was reading an article about 9th Gen si vs FR-S/BRZ and it says FR-S is better then the 9th Gen. FR-S looks ugly too me. lol What do you guys think? =)

It's a very different car. Thats like comparing an SUV to a minivan when all you are looking at is the 3rd row seats. They both do the job but have a lot of differences. Depends on what you want really. I think the FR-S is a great looking car and is RWD as well. The Si makes a great all around car and is pretty capable even in inclement weather, with proper tires, and yes, Im sure the FR-S with snow tires is fine too.

Overall I think the Si has the potential to be a better "everyday" car that you could take to the track simply because of the Sedan option. A 4-door car is a lot more practical for a lot of people. I'm a bit biased, this is a Honda forum, but I vote for the Si.

I think the FR-S is a lot sportier looking and the RWD is a big plus. Around the track I think the FR-S would probably be slightly better because of that. However, there are a lot of really fast auto-x guys and track guys driving Civics. People do say the FR-S is really really fun to drive, but if you can only have one car then maybe a 4-door Civic Si is a more useful car. Besides no one ever expects a sedan to be fast.

EDIT: I also don't want to drive a Scion. Maybe a BRZ cause it's a Subaru. Just a bit more upscale. Also there is a difference in handling between the two. Something about the spring rates being different and the FR-S being a bit more tail happy than the BRZ. Not like anyone is going to leave the suspension on either alone though!

I'd just wait a little while because they just showed the concert civic for 2016 and that thing looks sick!! And I agree with Nix, he has a lot of valid points.

2014+ Civic would be slightly different, as they made changes to the hp/tq, exhaust, suspension, sway bars and so on.

I have an frs and I love it it's not to bad. I drove 8hrs in it and was fine. In the snow it socks but it's because of the tires. I've had an 03 si and 06 wrx both modded and I have more fun in my frs. But I am loving the 14 civic ex. uploadfromtaptalk1428104177909.jpgI know that the si is completely different than the ex and I wish I bought one.

FRS/BRZ is pretty much the old Toyota AE86. RWD, lightweight and slow. They cost $26K brand new and once you start adding those TRD parts you are at $30k in a car that has 200hp and 150tq.(I drove one and it was painfully slow) For that money I'd rather buy a new 5.0 Mustang. just my .02 cents

FRS/BRZ is pretty much the old Toyota AE86. RWD, lightweight and slow. They cost $26K brand new and once you start adding those TRD parts you are at $30k in a car that has 200hp and 150tq.(I drove one and it was painfully slow) For that money I'd rather buy a new 5.0 Mustang. just my .02 cents

Get out of here with your american muscle car talk!

I prefer the Si because it's offered in a sedan. That and the 86 twins are woefully underpowered. Being rwd they suffer from the driveline losses of a rwd so they don't pull like an Si does. I agree with above, add like 1k more and get an ecoboost Mustang, add a ecu refresh and your at 400 hp on that thing lol.

Reactions: Nix
Back