Shifting into 6th gear

eric.schwartz.

Hi everyone, as some of you probably already know ever 2014 civic Si I wish I love! But I have a general observation for everyone here, has anyone noticed driving the new ones that shifting from 5th gear into 6th gear final drive, is in the rest was smooth? Maybe it's just me, but I'll gently shift into neutral then quickly shift into 6 th gear. when I'm driving on the highway and that seems much smoother.

6th is sticky with this car.

Not sure what you mean by shifting into neutral and then sixth unless you essentially mean double-clutching.

Get a heavier knob and it will help alleviate what your a feeling somewhat.

6th is sticky with this car.

Not sure what you mean by shifting into neutral and then sixth unless you essentially mean double-clutching.

Get a heavier knob and it will help alleviate what your a feeling somewhat.
I am trying to explain it correctly its just a little weird shifting but its not a big deal though. I figured I'd mention it once though.. I love the stock gear shifter as everything else here. Lol

I know what your saying. I used to shift into neutral before 6th when I first got my car. Eventually you'll get the hang of it and smoothly shift from 5th to 6th. Just keep practicing

I'd say a lot of times with the newer cars that have a top-gear that's in the over-drive ratio of things, that it can be due to the equivalent of short shifting, when going for 6th, where as taking the rpm's up some more would probably negate the issue.

Hi everyone, as some of you probably already know ever 2014 civic Si I wish I love! But I have a general observation for everyone here, has anyone noticed driving the new ones that shifting from 5th gear into 6th gear final drive, is in the rest was smooth? Maybe it's just me, but I'll gently shift into neutral then quickly shift into 6 th gear. when I'm driving on the highway and that seems much smoother.
This is so confusing to read...:think:

@eric.schwartz. are you using a translator to come up with your posts?:confuzzled:

I didn't understand what was being said, which is why I asked for clarification. He replied under my post & it made more sense.

6th can be hard headed sometimes. But it's usually because you are not pulling straight down on the shift. Your pulling down and slightly towards you and just don't notice it due to our arms natural range of motion at that angle. Also, my ocd is forcing me to tell ya that you hit neutral every time you shift a manual transmission. There is no way to go from one gear to another without going through neutral.

my 6th has a slight hitch to it I have to actually push slightly toward the passenger side to have a smooth downward pull. And yes I've driven many 6 speed cars. I figure it may break in or I'll get it fixed by Honda. It only has 200 miles on it. All other gears are butter as expected.

6th can be hard headed sometimes. But it's usually because you are not pulling straight down on the shift. Your pulling down and slightly towards you and just don't notice it due to our arms natural range of motion at that angle. Also, my ocd is forcing me to tell ya that you hit neutral every time you shift a manual transmission. There is no way to go from one gear to another without going through neutral.
Yeah usually whenever I'm shifting I shift into neutral, them 6th gear anyways. It is a bit tough to shift directly into 6th gear, so I don't. As for my postings well sorry, I usually use voice typing and proof read my typing before I submit it but everyone messes up from time to time. That's all I've got to say.

Only a couple times but I had no problems, I've ran 130+ and it was so smooth I felt going into 6th i was surprised it was so smooth

my 6th has a slight hitch to it I have to actually push slightly toward the passenger side to have a smooth downward pull. And yes I've driven many 6 speed cars. I figure it may break in or I'll get it fixed by Honda. It only has 200 miles on it. All other gears are butter as expected.
6th is like overdrive so that's normal.
I think the other thing to keep in mind is that the shifter naturally wants to spring back to the centre so you have to push it away when coming down from 5th to 6th.

Only a couple times but I had no problems, I've ran 130+ and it was so smooth I felt going into 6th i was surprised it was so smooth
Double the speed limit in the state is automatic jail time and license suspension.

Back