Interior

This is a little off topic, but does anyone have rattling in their interior at highway speeds? Mine sounds like one of the door panels on the passanger side. I have a 14 si sedan. Just figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has the same issues
Ive always got dash rattles, at any speed

Mine seem to come from around the steering wheel area. But my dash was pulled apart when I installed my foglight kit so that probably has something to do with it lol

It happens between 70-85mph. I had my Windows tinted and they took the door panels off so I think something might just be loose

My mother got ink on her "leather" seats, any suggestions how to clean it? I tried a basic leather cleaner but got almost no results ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429994432.501065.jpg

@RaskyR1 @Nix may have experience with it. I know I've seen people say strong rubbing alcohol and hairspray have worked. I recall stuff saying to do it asap though.

Edit...yeah monks links say the same. Then use a leather conditioner after.

You can try a magic eraser in addition to the other suggestions, but honestly removing ink from leather is extremely difficult. Leather is porous by nature and it traps the dirt and stains inside the material. While you may be able to clean the surface it is difficult to clean in the pores without causing damage. Set in stains are near impossible to remove.

If all else fails you can try this stuff called "Grandma's secret spot remover" the reviews about it are amazing.

I've had good luck with cheap hairspray helping to loosen the ink. That was on fabric though. The "solvent" in the hair spray is what breaks down the ink I believe. Aquanet. Cheaper is better. You want the aerosol spray not pump spray. Once its liquified you can blot up the ink. Be careful because you might end up spreading the ink more. I don't know how well hairspray might work on leather. It can possibly ruin the finish on the leather. I think you need to find a product specifically for removing ink from leather. Hopefully @RaskyR1 chimes in. He's way more experienced than I.

Don't use magic erasers or other "household" cleaners like goo gone, wd-40, and so on. They will only damage the finish on the leather. Same with any type of ink eraser or other abrasive.

This stuff might be worth a shot. It's pretty cheap at $9:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leat...leProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE#.VT4Qgrp--qQ

Here is another leather specific ink remover:

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste...&qid=1430131085&sr=8-1&keywords=ltt+ink+stick

Last edited:
I've had good luck with cheap hairspray helping to loosen the ink. That was on fabric though. The "solvent" in the hair spray is what breaks down the ink I believe. Aquanet. Cheaper is better. You want the aerosol spray not pump spray. Once its liquified you can blot up the ink. Be careful because you might end up spreading the ink more. I don't know how well hairspray might work on leather. It can possibly ruin the finish on the leather. I think you need to find a product specifically for removing ink from leather. Hopefully @RaskyR1 chimes in. He's way more experienced than I.

Don't use magic erasers or other "household" cleaners like goo gone, wd-40, and so on. They will only damage the finish on the leather. Same with any type of ink eraser or other abrasive.

This stuff might be worth a shot. It's pretty cheap at $9:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leat...leProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE#.VT4Qgrp--qQ

Here is another leather specific ink remover:

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Maste...&qid=1430131085&sr=8-1&keywords=ltt+ink+stick

Solid info above by Nix and I can't really add much. When it comes to leather I almost always stick to products designed for leather it as it's easy to damage the top coat. Leave the Magic Erasers for the bathroom tub as the are abrasive and will damage the leather. I typically just deal with dye transfer and it's been years since I had a vehicle come in with the above issue, but my go to products for leather is Leather Masters. I have seen others have success with a few of the home remedies as well...it's just not a route I choose to go.

FYI those side bolsters need a good cleaning too! LM Strong Cleaner will be good for that. ;)

So despite the advice, she used a "magic eraser" and it removed nearly all the ink. Except for some areas around the stitches. I'll be there tomorrow and check it out

Just gonna chime in here as i read the first page and skimmed the last quickly. The majority of the "white powder/flakes" on the center console and seat (me at least) is the dead skin you get rubbed off as you move your arm/hand or such across the fabric. Noticed this day one i got the car and has seemed to gotten better over time. Might just be me getting used to lift/move not drag.

Wasn't sure if this was figured out yet.

So despite the advice, she used a "magic eraser" and it removed nearly all the ink. Except for some areas around the stitches. I'll be there tomorrow and check it out

:oops:

Well, as long as she's happy with it. For future reference let her know the magic eraser is abrasive and using it on leather will abrade away the top coat. So while it may have removed most of the ink, It likely removed most of her top coat too.

Note, the side portion of the seat with most of the ink on it is likely vinyl too. Typically only the seating surfaces are real leather.

:oops:

Well, as long as she's happy with it. For future reference let her know the magic eraser is abrasive and using it on leather will abrade away the top coat. So while it may have removed most of the ink, It likely removed most of her top coat too.

I really hate the magic eraser. There is nothing magic about it. It is simply a fine grit sanding block and, in most cases, does more damage than anything else.

mgc.gif

Back