Text Message Display - Doesn't Show Number/Contact

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone,

First off, I love my new 2015 Si Sedan, such a fun daily driver that looks like a rally car to me (at least with the new standard 18" rims haha) but the more I use the infotainment system, the more quirks I begin to find.

As for my question/problem, I have the text message feature enabled on Display Audio unit and everything works as expected except for one thing, it has problems showing the contact that is texting me. For example, when i get a text message via iMessage on my iPhone 5S, the phone icon has a blank space when the message pops up on screen, making me have to guess who it came from originally. Even when a standard SMS text comes my way, the contact info displays the phone number, but not the name (IE: John Smith).

Also, when I receive a phone call, the contact phone number will appear, but the name won't most times.

Any feedback on what I can do to fix this? Possibly reset my phone? Delete and add the phone and contacts again?

Have you imported your contact list into the car? (I'm not sure if that's going to solve it). I haven't looked at the manual.

Hi Webby,

I did the auto import function when it asked, but I'll dig through the menus to see if there is a contact update action that can take place

Hmm interesting. One person was successful by repairing the phone. I'll try that. Looks like I'll have to deal with it for now though, especially since it seems like Honda hasn't touched the system (that post was for a 14 model while mine is the 15) The workaround is to use the Siri integration and ask about my last message.

Fingers crossed for CarPlay!

Here is an example of the text message with no sender info.
40a029c6814abce7feac4e0a7d752fdb.jpg

I have a galaxy s5 and it will only show some peoples names for some reason, others its just the number. and now since the lollipop 5.0 update it doesn't show what music is playing now.

I have a galaxy s5 and it will only show some peoples names for some reason, others its just the number. and now since the lollipop 5.0 update it doesn't show what music is playing now.
Yeah from what I can tell, Honda's infotainment system was optimized for iOS 7 and older Android devices. Looks like we'll have to deal with the problems for now :(

its weird that some Honda vehicles work though. I work at a Honda and found that it works on an odyssey just fine. don't know why. but so far civic, and crv don't work.

only the cr-v, fit and civic have almost the same unit. cr-v has physical buttons instead of the touch screen like we do, but pretty much the same unit. fit also has same unit as civic. all others have a different set up.

Back