Picked Up My New 2015 Si! A Year in the Making

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone!

I've been on the forum for quite some time, mostly to research the Civic Si as a potential new car candidate. After over a year of saving money, looking around, and waiting, the day has finally come! And my decision was made. Picked up my DBP 2015 Si Sedan (special order, had to wait 3 months...) new from the dealership a couple of weeks ago and wow, this car feels exceptionally solid and quick! Mods so far, 30% wincos tint all windows but front, front license plate removal (dealership drilled hole in middle, even though I requested multiple times for them to not do that, ugh), yellow fog lights, and XPEL clear bra on front end of car.

Quick background, my previous (and only) car was a 1989 Civic EF hatchback that has been in my family for 25 years since new. After driving this as my primary car for about 8 years, I thought it was about time for a new car that had cup holders, cruise control and a little more oompfff under the hood haha.

I ended up picking the Civic Si Sedan since it is still practical, good MPG for a sporty car, and the reliability (while stock) is off the charts! It is a good balance of performance and daily driving comfort which is hard to find. Interior feels upscale too. The next best thing would be the GTI, but it was too expensive and the repair rate on those things was something I wanted to pass on.

The only cons I can think of so far is that the seats can get uncomfortable on longer drives, mainly since the side bolstering is stiff and keeps my back from fully relaxing on the back of the seat. I'm a skinny frame (180lbs 6 feet tall) so I was surprised by this. Any suggestions on that? Also, when I receive a phone call via the car bluetooth, sometimes the car won't display the contact name (just numbers) while other times its fine. Any way to fix that?

Looking forward to planting my foot into VTEC territory more often after the car is fully broken in (I'm almost at 1000 miles now) I usually get on it once every drive or so, but man, the torque and VTEC engagement is so addicting! Can't wait to really see what this car can do.

Thanks for being an awesome forum!
11032125_10153726572239027_2568109274040992135_n.jpg

"The only cons I can think of so far is that the seats can get uncomfortable on longer drives, mainly since the side bolstering is stiff and keeps my back from fully relaxing on the back of the seat. I'm a skinny frame (180lbs 6 feet tall) so I was surprised by this. Any suggestions on that?"

If you put your head on the head rest and use your neck muscles to lift your back away from the seat, it will allow your back to form to the seat the way you want, it may take a few tries to get down, I do it all the time, it's a great way to change the feel.

you gotta wait for about 2 seconds before the bluetooth can display the incoming caller name (2013 civic)

If you put your head on the head rest and use your neck muscles to lift your back away from the seat, it will allow your back to form to the seat the way you want, it may take a few tries to get down, I do it all the time, it's a great way to change the feel.

I'll give that a try!

you gotta wait for about 2 seconds before the bluetooth can display the incoming caller name (2013 civic)

Oh ok, did not realize that. Thanks for the tip!

Lol i was just gonna say the same thing squiggy, DBP seems to be hot right now. Congrats on the new buy though! Don't think i could have waited 3 months for an order.
I only lasted about 500 miles till the vtec bug bit me. I just hit 1000 miles myself but ever since 500 vtec has been singing every day multiple times a day to the limiter when the roads are open. I should probably cool it before i cause damage if i haven't already.

Lol i was just gonna say the same thing squiggy, DBP seems to be hot right now. Congrats on the new buy though! Don't think i could have waited 3 months for an order.
I only lasted about 500 miles till the vtec bug bit me. I just hit 1000 miles myself but ever since 500 vtec has been singing every day multiple times a day to the limiter when the roads are open. I should probably cool it before i cause damage if i haven't already.

Don't worry about it. You aren't going to cause any damage. I drive mine like it is was designed for and probably was lucky if I hit even hit 500 miles before stomping on it. I get regular oil analyses done and the engine wear is starting shape up just fine.

Congrats. Don't be afraid to get on it and use Vtec. As long as your oil is up to operating temp (15-20min of normal driving) you will not cause it any harm. These cars practically beg to be pushed hard.

Any plans for future mods?

Congrats. Don't be afraid to get on it and use Vtec. As long as your oil is up to operating temp (15-20min of normal driving) you will not cause it any harm. These cars practically beg to be pushed hard.

Any plans for future mods?

As of now, I may look into upgrading the sound system, but performance wise I'll be keeping it stock.

Back