E46 M3 Track Toy

should have gotten a 135i. Fit and finish and comfort much better than the evo. Both the N55 and N54 with a tune, down pipe, and exhaust make great power. I just sold my 335i N55 that was modded to pick up the jeep. My 335i was an incredible daily that was quite quick. @stilletto
Yeah, but I've done RWD here in Chicago already, and it's not too fun.
I would've had to keep it a weekend fun car. Plus, my end goal for the Evo is a 500+whp DD. I can just get more out of it.

I agree if using it for a daily. I used to live in Indianapolis so for the winter the EVO is much better suited. If I still lived up north I would daily a Golf R with APR stage 3 kit.

So my suspension set up + pot hole equal cracking the strut tower brace on the front of the M3. So, out with the old and in with the new. Just picked up a Rouge Engineering Front Race Brace.

Reactions: Nix
Wow. Pics of the broken one? Just out of curiosity. Must have been one heck of a pothole. The wheel survived though?

Wheel was fine, my suspension set up is quite stiff. MCS with Hotchkis front sway bar and the oem strut tower brace is 3 pieces. The piece (circle) that mounts above the strut on the driver side had a crack going through it (this part is made of cast aluminum which is quite weak). The passenger side was fine and the bar going across was fine as well. The new one as you can see is all one piece and made of steel.

Here is the oem installed and second picture is what the piece I cracked looks like

it cracked on the thin section to the right and remember it is cast aluminum which that process is much weaker. Others with a stiff suspension on the e46 M3 have had similar issues.

suddenly a better quality video appears.............................:shadyhat:

Thanks Jrotax101

Was that bio's car in the vid? Sounds really nice

Back