Buddy Club N+ Adjustments and setup

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Ok so these pics are kind of old and are from the Buddy Club N+ Coilovers that came out for the 8th gen civic. I had looked into getting them a long time ago and so I saved the images thinking they would be useful. I did not end up buying them so I do not have any information on ride, comfort, lowness, adjustments, or anything. I just have these images. I don't know how similar they are to the new 9th gen N+ but hopefully these will help if anyone has questions about how to set the ride height.

The images came from Miracle Garage but they are long gone and their website no longer up. I don't know what happened to them so hopefully they don't mind me reposting these.

Pics as requested by @silver04v

Front struts: I know there has to be some difference here since the new 9th gen has the front swaybar mount on the strut.

907n.jpg

w5jj.jpg

m6d2.jpg

REAR STRUT AND SPRING PERCH:

mi2b.jpg

cci6.jpg

orul.jpg

I hope this helps but if things are different or anyone has the new N+ setup, take some pics and let us know of the differences.

I contacted buddy club about it. got an email saying

Front: 175mm preload
10mm = 3" drop
20mm = 2" drop
30mm = 1" drop

rear spring
10mm=3"
20mm=2"
30mm=1"

and for the rear shock
180=3"
190=2"
200=1"

I got this email with these pics, problem is at 175 front preload the spring is loose in between the spring seats. I measured from the top of the spring were it contacts the top and to the bottom of the spring were it contacts the lower seat and the spring is loose at that point. Am I measuring between the right points? Are you supposed to measure to the bottom part of the lower seat instead? Idk.

Secondly the rear shocks when unscrewed to 200mm is barely threaded into the lower shock body at that point making me wonder if that's correct also! I'm lost

Anyone have any input to this info?

2edypama.jpg
yqape2eb.jpg
7e8u7u8a.jpg
8aqy7epe.jpg

I contacted buddy club about it. got an email saying

Front: 175mm preload
10mm = 3" drop
20mm = 2" drop
30mm = 1" drop

rear spring
10mm=3"
20mm=2"
30mm=1"

and for the rear shock
180=3"
190=2"
200=1"
@mikeh6 it also worries me we have slightly conflicting rear shock numbers so now I'm really confused. Haha

Yeah, might be worth a call to buddy club and see what they say. Maybe they are measuring from different places on the new ones?

Yeah, i just don't know. I'm gonna have to call this guy again. I asked him questions and he just like yeah, email me and hung up basically. I asked him questions in my email and that's all he sent me was pictures.

I talked to Albert from buddy club, he was very helpful and assured me to go by his measurements. Said that these should be a zero preload setup. If you start giving the fronts spring preload it'll get harsh. So go by my picture measurements and we are good on 9th gen buddy club n+ coilovers.

Reactions: Nix
good to know. i've had mine for a little while now so i might go back and double check my rear shock length

@mikeh6 how low did you go? What did you start at for numbers? I was thinking of starting at 3 inch drop and see how low it is. May be more than I'm looking for. Any pictures of yours?

Buddy Club followed up with me from a Facebook message I sent them and told me Albert is their best tech and he's been there for 10 years, so I'm confident in his knowledge.

Reactions: Nix
Hey idk if you guys figured this out but ive been messing with these coils for a while and im not sure if ive been getting it right it rides pretty bouncy :( for the spring in the rear do I measure from the bottom of the top perch to the first collar or just the threaded area to the first collar? And for the rear shock do I measure the shock height from the top or just starting from the threaded are to the bottom. For the front do i set the ride height first then set to zero preload? thanks for the help

Attachments

• 2015-06-23 18.32.32.png
    2015-06-23 18.32.32.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Hey idk if you guys figured this out but ive been messing with these coils for a while and im not sure if ive been getting it right it rides pretty bouncy :( for the spring in the rear do I measure from the bottom of the top perch to the first collar or just the threaded area to the first collar? And for the rear shock do I measure the shock height from the top or just starting from the threaded are to the bottom. For the front do i set the ride height first then set to zero preload? thanks for the help
I would watch the two vids in this thread-
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/e...reload-on-a-rear-multi-link-suspension.12726/

Best explanation on setting your coils

Back