What car should I get next?

Dutchmaster

NYC area.
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello all,

I currently own a 2013 civic SI sedan. My sis just had a baby and I find myself hauling the fam around in my lowered sedan with an exhaust alot now. I like my car, but I just feel kind of ridiculous hauling family around in my modded car. I feel like I need something a little more grown up.

I was thinking of just putting my car back to stock, but quickly realized the car is actually pretty small. (its always been just me in the car until my sis moved back in)

For my next car, I was thinking of getting something under $25K-ish.

I will be keeping my next car relatively stock and I wanted something that doesn't attract negative attention from police, however, I still wanna have fun while driving alone.

Also, This car will be an Automatic. (because i found out the hard way how much i hate driving stick while stuck in NYC rush hour traffic.)

Here's what I have thought about so far.. Feel free to add some more to the list.

Also, I wont be getting anything until next year.

-2007-2008 Acura RL
-2013 Accord V6
-2012ish Mercedez Benz C300 (idk how the reliability is)
-2012ish BMW 535i(this is the one i really want, Im just afraid to own one. I dont know how the reliability is)
-2012+ Ford Fusion Or Taurus
-2016 Mazda 6 Touring

Please share your thoughts on the vehicles posted above.
If anyone has any other suggestions, please share them. Thank You!

BMWs are great cars but German cars are gonna run up a bill when it needs maintenance; not trying to dater you, just something to consider.

The Accord V6 should be a fun car. Could also maybe consider a G35/G37 (used). Infiniti maintenance will be more than a Honda but less than the MB/BMW

This is just an old man telling what I've seen so much of through my time here on Earth, why not wait a year and see if your Sister doesn't meet a new boy friend and moves in with him........ Then do you still want a family car?

BMWs are great cars but German cars are gonna run up a bill when it needs maintenance; not trying to dater you, just something to consider.
The Accord V6 should be a fun car. Could also maybe consider a G35/G37 (used). Infiniti maintenance will be more than a Honda but less than the MB/BMW
Thank you for the info. I figured BMW would be too expensive. I don't mind paying premium for regular maintenance, I just dont want the car to keep breaking down lol.
The accord v6 does seem like a fun car, however, Next to the other choices, the exterior looks a bit "soft"

I'm definitely gonna do some more research on a g37. Ive always thought they looked kind of girly so all my friends will have a good laugh if I end up getting one lol

This is just an old man telling what I've seen so much of through my time here on Earth, why not wait a year and see if your Sister doesn't meet a new boy friend and moves in with him........ Then do you still want a family car?
Shes married lol, Her and her husband are just getting their life together. They moved here from England so until they are on their feet, they will stay with us.
That aside, I do want a bigger car. If I had no responsibilities to anyone, I would probably get an 2011-2012 Accord V6 Coupe. I feel comfortable inside (alot more than the civic) and I LOVE the way it looks.

There is a guy at my work that has twins 2 years old and is driving 4 door Si. Put your car back to stock and you can still drive it for the next few years. No reason for getting something bigger

Bmw and MB are money pit. aka tow truck darlings.

But if you really need something bigger than Accord V6 or something from Lexus if you have more cash.

Thank you for the info. I figured BMW would be too expensive. I don't mind paying premium for regular maintenance, I just dont want the car to keep breaking down lol.
The accord v6 does seem like a fun car, however, Next to the other choices, the exterior looks a bit "soft"

I'm definitely gonna do some more research on a g37. Ive always thought they looked kind of girly so all my friends will have a good laugh if I end up getting one lol
Remember g37 is rwd right? Might create issues. Unless u can manage rwd.

I would stick with the Accord V6 sedan. I had the '13 Accord Sport and was plenty fun with just a rear swaybar. I took it to the Tail of the Dragon and it held it's own there while still having the 4 banger motor. I went back to the Si in Feb due to wanting a 6spd and a little more fun on the daily drive.

My brother got a new Accord Sport a couple months ago due to having a baby and wanting more room. He had an '09 Civic sedan before.

Based on my experience with Hondas over the years it's hard to go against the Accord based on those choices. Dependable and lots of room.

I feel like you've made up your mind for the most part. Lol. You want that Beemer and I think you're going to get it. :).

I vouch for accord and if not that, then the g37x(awd). Very nice cars. Though, to be honest, Infiniti is not that reliable either.

I feel like you've made up your mind for the most part. Lol. You want that Beemer and I think you're going to get it. :).

I vouch for accord and if not that, then the g37x(awd). Very nice cars. Though, to be honest, Infiniti is not that reliable either.

LOL I do want the beemer! Im probably not getting one though. Id hate to spend 25-30K and then have a 2-4K repair in a couple months. It would break my heart, and my wallet.

Realistically, It looks like im leaning more towards an Accord V6. I wish the blue that came on the coupe also came on the sedan.

So just to clarify.. Are BMW's notorious for being problem cars? or is the regular maintenance just very expensive. I dont mind spending money if its stuff id have to do anyway.. Like changing struts at 60-80K, oil at 3k (15k for BMW) and air filter here and there.

I just noticed no one even commented on the Fords that are on the list LOL

You've spent so much money on your si dude. If you still like it, keep it and get a 4 door beater. If you don't like your si anymore then go ahead and do what your doing. Just MHO :)

I have two Recaro Baby seats in the back of my Si Sedan and its not stock by any means. You only attract attention if you go looking for it. I get lots of thumbs up from people and when the baby gets bigger they will love it. My two girls laugh and giggle and ask for more when vtec kicks in.

Save your money and keep your car, go to stock if you feel like it, but its not necessary.

Back