Best Springs

I've been sitting on my brand new sportlines for a while and I haven't installed them yet. I want some of these Koni shocks where a decent place I can get them and whats the part number i have the 2014 Honda Civic SI Coupe.
good luck. i ran my sportlines for almost a year and when i took them off to sell them i could see the markings where it burned through the protective coating from coil bind.

good luck. i ran my sportlines for almost a year and when i took them off to sell them i could see the markings where it burned through the protective coating from coil bind.

I won't be planning to resell after they're destroyed on track, but they will be eventually replaced once i can afford a proper coilover system. All the coil overs I've seen so far are not up to the spec I would prefer for a true track application. For the street coil springs and shocks are way to go, I plan on doing proper track use eventually and I will eventually fork my money out to Nitron for a custom racing setup for about 7K

@Chambers805
If you're willing to forgo the front sway bar you could run a set of 8th gen Type R specific custom AST dampers. I think they run about $5k. Dropping the front sway completely will help with improving the handling, eliminating understeer, and also dropping weight. It can make the car a bit twitchy for just driving around but if you're tracking hard I think you could probably handle it.

EDIT: I thought it was Moton but its AST....

There is also an Ohlins kit available for the FD2 chassis... its considerably more expensive

Links:

Ohlins:
http://www.rhdjapan.com/ohlins-coilover-suspension-hal-complete-kit-fd2-civic-r.html

AST kit:
http://usa.ast-suspension.com/shop/ast-shock-absorbers/5200/ast-2-way-5200-honda-civic-fd2-detail

Camber is personal preference. Generally anything over 1" should have them and I would say a safe rule of thumb is anything over 1.5" needs them. Basically, get an alignment, or just numbers first if you can. Just ask a place if they would put it on a lift and give you numbers for say $20 cash in their pocket. Then install your stuff and get another reading. Decide if your camber is too far out of spec and then you will know if you "need" or "want" a camber kit to adjust things one way or the other.

Back