Is paying 450 usd for labor on installing tein street advance coilovers too much?

That's alot from what I've heard. Some shops in LA do it for like 100-200
That's cheap. Shops here want 300 to install springs if you can believe that.

Think of it in an hourly sense. Someone making $100/hr is essentially saying it'll take them 4.5hrs if they're charging $450.

there are like 3 or so diy's in the suspension forum showing you step by step. I'd say it could be done in 2hrs or less by someone who's done it before.

That's cheap. Shops here want 300 to install springs if you can believe that.

Think of it in an hourly sense. Someone making $100/hr is essentially saying it'll take them 4.5hrs if they're charging $450.

there are like 3 or so diy's in the suspension forum showing you step by step. I'd say it could be done in 2hrs or less by someone who's done it before.
I might just pay him 450. There must be a reason he charges alot. He might be really into doing a good job and I like that

Around here they charge between $300-350 just for lowering springs. I'm talking about privately owned shops not Walmart auto center or PebBoys:wink1:

I actually spoke to a guy I met at a car meet. And he said he has a flat rate of 150$... @Scuderi its elias lol. Didnt know he does that. Now im wondering if hes a mechanic

oh he does coils? can't remember if he is or was ever an official mechanic by occupation. he seemed to be really knowledgeable though. if you let him do yours and it turns out good that's definitely who I'm going to lol

elias isn't going to align for you lol. doubt the other guy is either. only professional shops have alignment machines.

When i wanted to install my springs, The cheapest quote i got was $200. The most i was quoted was 500 lmao.
I think the price should a little more than the spring install, so maybe $300.

Actually, now that Im thinking about it, A coilover install should be easier than springs since its one piece and you dont even need a compressor.
Dont pay more than 200, Alignment is still gonna be another 100

Good luck man

Honestly i think 3-4 hours labor is fair. Especially if the person is taking the time to retorque all the bushing and set the ride height. All the little things take the most time.

Also, street advance reuse factory top hats in the front so a spring compressor is needed. You also have to modify the spring rubber both front and rear. That probably took longer than the rest of the install.

200-250 would be what I expect to pay. But honestly, do yourself a favor, buy the needed tools/equipment and do it yourself. The knowledge you gain is priceless, especially when things start to break or something goes wrong because you'll be able to fix it instead of having to go back to someone and pay them again.

Back