HDMI While in Motion SUCCESS! (iPhone only)

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone,

I bring great news! I was able to successfully get my iPhone to mirror its screen onto the display audio unit while the car is in motion. Now you can use google maps! Or watch Netflix (I don't recommend that haha) I'll post a guide video soon.

Here's what you need...

1. Jailbroken iPhone 5 or newer
2. Watchdog Pro tweak from Cydia (backgrounding app tweak tricks the unit that "honda launcher" is being run while in reality it is in the background.)
3. Lightning port to HDMI and usb dongle for iPhone
4. HDMI and iPhone usb cables

I'll post more soon!

Very cool.....this is for the navi unit only? Can't remember but do you have to pay for the Honda link app?

This will also work on the non navi unit as well. All the honda apps are free except the navi one (which you don't need). You only need the free ones to make this work

This will also work on the non navi unit as well. All the honda apps are free except the navi one (which you don't need). You only need the free ones to make this work
Cool, thanks! Now to look about jail braking the iPhone 6 :)

No Prob! Make sure you have iOS 8.4 or older. The new 8.4.1 update patches the jailbreak exploit!

No Prob! Make sure you have iOS 8.4 or older. The new 8.4.1 update patches the jailbreak exploit!

Thanks for the heads up....phone want me to do the update for 8.4.1 now. Guess I won't be doing that......

Hello, was hoping someone could help! :) I'm having trouble finding the watchdog pro app. When I go to the App Store it does not pull that one up that you used. Is there another app I can use? Or maybe advice me on how to get the app. Thanks!

Hello, was hoping someone could help! :) I'm having trouble finding the watchdog pro app. When I go to the App Store it does not pull that one up that you used. Is there another app I can use? Or maybe advice me on how to get the app. Thanks!
You'll first have to jailbreak your iPhone, after that, open Cydia and search for it in there.

You need a Jail Broken iPhone, the $60 Honda Nav App, and the Lighting to HDMI adapter.
This is the best way to do it. I did lots of research and finally made a video for it. I hope it helps you all out.
Enjoy, Please like and Comment!

There is another way to do it without the use of jail breaking, in the Dev menu (after diagnostic and pressing menu for 10 sec) you'll see an item called vehicle model information. Then another menu pops and press the bottom right button, "something something ERROR" and toggle that off and there you have it. I confirmed it works and works great. Just have to do it every time you start it up. But a good alternative to jailbreaking for 10 seconds of your time.

Back