Post Your Latest Purchases

And I scored a super rare bourbon this morning....

200xnk6.jpg

So I moved to Kentucky, and became a redneck who orders parts for his "hotrod"

Nothing wrong with summit racing man. I've ordered plenty of parts from them over the years. There prices and shipping is usally better or competitive with other retailers.

"Black market" price or on the shelf price?

On the shelf $26

Aftermarket $100+

Last edited:
I bought Cooper's watch from the movie Interstellar.
maxresdefault.jpg
interstellar-watch-the-epic-new-full-trailer-3-matthew-mcconaughey-mackenzie-foy.jpg
The one on the right (left is what I bought a while back).
IMG_3894_zpsrlxmh8ty.jpg

I'm getting addicted to mechanical automatic watches and I have another one coming soon.

Last edited:
I bought Cooper's watch from the movie Interstellar.
interstellar-watch-the-epic-new-full-trailer-3-matthew-mcconaughey-mackenzie-foy.jpg

The one on the right (left is what I bought a while back).
IMG_3894_zpsrlxmh8ty.jpg

I'm getting addicted to mechanical automatic watches and I have another one coming soon.

I don't even have a watch that works, lol. Must have been 9 years ago the last time I bought a watch and that was a Fossil :giggle:

I don't even have a watch that works, lol. Must have been 9 years ago the last time I bought a watch and that was a Fossil :giggle:
I had a fossil too.
Watches are a waste of money.
:D

It depends on the watch. Some maintain value and some gain value over time. Some even last for years. These Hamiltons will be an experiment to see how many years they can actually last for (I'm hoping generations). Maybe I'll pass it along to my future children (even though they won't be into those things 20 years from now).

I'm not a fan of new watch keeping technology or even new technology in general. I'm not a fan of the iphone watch or the smart watches, because they are not watches. They are just secondary phones. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people don't know how to tell time because they are so used to digital time displays. A good comparison to reading time from analog watches = driving stick shift. These are dying breeds and it is sad.

Also, many people change phones every generation. I'm not into that. And that is a waste of money. I still own a Motorola G from over two years ago. It does what it does. An iPhone 3GS user will be judged due to having a very "outdated" phone as it is no longer a style because it isn't the mainstream thing. Watches can be worn anywhere and their style will never get old over time.

So at the end of it all, (good) watches to me are priceless.

I love your newer watch dar
Thanks! I've been keeping an eye on this watch in particular. It has a very unique retro style to it and the watch actually caught my attention while watching Interstellar at the movies. I really wanted to get this one for sure and I'm very happy with the purchase. I wanted Murph's watch originally, but it is not a production model.

Back in 2004 I was working at a duty free shop in DC for a bit, they had a lot of nice watches...even more selection now. I remember lusting over the Tag Heuer Monaco they had in the display. Also a Chopard Mille Miglia.

Back