Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I was considering the Skunk2 radiator. since its right about in the price range I was looking for. I have learned that ebay is not the place to go for parts. I have other things to accomplish first though like getting the car through emissions this month on the stock ecu while running 440cc injectors and finding some way to prevent the supercharger from making boost so it doesn't throw itself into limp mode.

I had the eBay one laying around but like u said. NEVER EVER go to eBay for parts. I had a Jackson sc with 440's on a jdm gsr and never came close to passing. I ended up putting the stock motor back in to pass. Put the motor up for sale to test waters and someone offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Come to find out the stock p72 was fried causing it to dump gas into the engine. Do you have a smog guy? Some dyno time and some tuning I'm sure you can do it. With that said, its gonna be a hell of an adventure.

It was messed up cause we swear we saw the socket through the snake cam but nothing came up when we shook the turbo. Ended up having to pull the snap ring and remove the housing just to find it. It was a big celebration when the socket finally hit the floor. Now onto putting everything back together Sunday. Womp.

The brief moment of joy is quickly overshadowed by the "Damn. Now I gotta put this thing back together."

WbJOxNL.jpg

One of these things has saved me on more than one occasion. If I couldn't get it from the top, I've been able to get under the car and get it from there. I can't find my exact one, but they also have ones with led lights on the end. They are extremely helpful

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RB3XBA

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062PACX2

WbJOxNL.jpg

One of these things has saved me on more than one occasion. If I couldn't get it from the top, I've been able to get under the car and get it from there. I can't find my exact one, but they also have ones with led lights on the end. They are extremely helpful

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RB3XBA

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062PACX2

We had a few of those. Problem was, the socket got lodged in place where the compressor housing neck begins. We had a hard enough time fishing the snake cam down there. Tried attaching a strong magnet to a fishing line and that didn't even work.

I had the eBay one laying around but like u said. NEVER EVER go to eBay for parts. I had a Jackson sc with 440's on a jdm gsr and never came close to passing. I ended up putting the stock motor back in to pass. Put the motor up for sale to test waters and someone offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Come to find out the stock p72 was fried causing it to dump gas into the engine. Do you have a smog guy? Some dyno time and some tuning I'm sure you can do it. With that said, its gonna be a hell of an adventure.

I'm running the Jackson sc on the d series in my car. Delaware doesn't have a smog guy I just have to pass the obdII diagnostic. All of my emissions stuff is still in place. Last time I went 2 years ago it passed but it was a pain because it kept wanting to stall when you pushed the clutch in while moving. I had to set the idle at like 1500rpm to keep it running.

It was messed up cause we swear we saw the socket through the snake cam but nothing came up when we shook the turbo. Ended up having to pull the snap ring and remove the housing just to find it. It was a big celebration when the socket finally hit the floor. Now onto putting everything back together Sunday. Womp.
Another thing to use is a magnet on a telescoping pole for areas you can't reach or see.
Whoops! @webby already covered this one.

Just edited a picture of my car after throwing on some engine bay stickers :D
number 1.jpg original vs number 1.jpg

Attachments

• number2.png
    number2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Rays box with non-Rays wheels? :giggle:

Back