2016 Honda Civic Coupe Revealed - Available In March

gawd that is ugly, i myself am really not a fan. i much prefer the style of my 12, don't like the rounding they did over the wheels

my only issue with this car is that it got bigger ... the civics were ment to be small its looking like accord size now
I agree with you but it is inevitable. Just about every vehicle model grows with time. Look at the 7th vs 8th civic.

The 2016 front crumple zone is pretty cool. Since the front is shorter and they lost like an inch or inch and a half they had to redesign things. Once impact reaches a certain point the motor actually drops down towards the ground to provide more distance for things to compress. Otherwise, the engine would be pushed into the firewall/incroaching into the cabin area. It allowed the front to crumple better/reduce impact gforces to the cabin area.

Rolling a car doing 75 and walking away practically unscathed with no airbags going off shows and has won me on safety regulations. Size increase with weight sucks but with them come the motor hp increase with each new gen. Speaking of I wanna know what they're putting in the Si trim.

Reactions: Nix
Speaking of I wanna know what they're putting in the Si trim.
they haven't had the press conference on the Si yet, but it's rumored to be a turbo 1.5 liter engine

Bare min lighter weight with more hp. the Ex-l with the 1.5 turbo is the same 0-60 (due to torque) but less in a 1/4 mile compared to the 14-15' Si. The type-r has the 2.0 turbo so whats left to improve the 2.4 N/A vs an adequate 1.5 turbo. A 1.8 turbo? SC STOCK SI FTW! Lol but seriously it's a question I'm curious about.

rumors from sources close to "hondaprojason": These are still RUMORS

Si Model Year: No 2016 Civic Si model year. It will be a 2017 model year.
Release: Late Fall 2016 - Early Spring 2017
Specs: 2.0L detuned Type R engine, around 220-230hp, 6 speed manual, many shared parts with Type R.

Other notes:
  • Standard Coupe and Hatchback will be 2016MY.
  • Type R should be released Spring-Summer 2017.
  • All markets will be getting the sedan, coupe and hatchback.
  • Type R will be available in most, but not all markets.

I've had a gut feeling they aren't going to do an Si for 2016. But a detuned 2.0L snail power sounds about were it should be. They should put the fully tuned 2.0L turbo in the Si and make a beast torque 2.4 turbo with an AWD for the type R.

I should buy a Type-R and then just stance it to death to make everyone rage so hard. hahahaha

dsc07381-jpg.4365

^^
upload_2016-2-3_15-38-28.jpeg

In every video this dude looks like he's on something

Back