URGENT HELP DASH CAM HARDWIRE (LIVE FUSE)

FG4TW

Hi all,

I am in the middle of trying to hardwire my dash cam. there are 3 wires 1xblack-ground 2-red-acc 3-yellow-batt
so I've grounded my 1 wire, tapped into my acc fuse but now I need a fuse that constantly have power. I've used a multimeter to find out which ones are live when the engine is turned off, but for some reason, but when I tap to it, I only get power to my dash cam when I power on my car.
does anyone KNOW EXACTLY which fuse is hot 100% of the time in that fuse box? I know there are some that will work for sure that is under the hood, but I need to know which ones have constant power under the dash.
please, any help from anyone who has maybe done this before would be great!.
I need this option so that I can enable my parking mode, which needs power most of the time.

thank you

@AlienPrime said he runs a fuse tap to fuse #10 at car shows to keep lights going while the car is off.

I know if you tap into the power windows fuse you have power even with the key out until you open a door.

ok thank you guys, I THINK 10 May have worked after all. it didn't show power at first until I turned the vehicle on and drove then parked again. I will check tomorrow if parking mode was worked.

@Pauly99to17 @webby

guys, I'm not sure if its related or not but my navi screen just went off while I was driving. no radio no nothing. even when i reverse, the screen remains black.
could the fuse be blown? do you guys know which fuse it might be? I tried searching but couldn't find it. I so hope its just the fuse.

yup! so my I tapped into #19 and #10 for constant...so the reason why I thought #10 didn't work originally was when I tapped the two wires, the module has a led light that did not light up. which I thought it should if there is power. but after i gave up and left the wires in there, i drove to my hockey game and when i turned the engine off, i notice the light was still on, so that how i knew it worked then. its weird how the led didn't light up initially.

as for my navi screen, i had two fuse taps, one for each slot. #19 originally had a 7.5a on it and when i tapped it w/ proper fuse tap, i had to add another 7.5 amp and for #10, it was empty so i put a 10a in there. but i put the fuses in first prior to connecting the wires for the tap and i mixed up the two and that's why #19 blew.

Thanks this was helpful. I just hooked up my Blackvue dashcam w/ Power Magic Pro. I also have a Gentex autodimming mirror that I hardwired.

I used the following fuses:
Constant for Dashcam: Fuse 10
ACC for Dashcam: Fuse 23
Gentex mirror: Fuse 43

I originally had my Gentex to Fuse 23, but when I hooked up the ACC for Dashcam to 43, it wouldn't power. It worked for my mirror though. Any thoughts to why this is the case?

Strange. Are the fuses rated differently?

Not sure what Fuse 23 is originally rated? It's an empty fuse slot. Fuse 43 had a 20A on it and I added a 5A fuse for my dashcam. The mirror also has a 5A added. Both are hooked up using the add-a-circuit.

Back