Projector Headlamps

The 2015 Honda Civic uses two different bulbs for the low beams; the sedan uses a 9006 low-beam headlight bulb, whereas the 2015 civic coupe uses an H11 headlight bulb for the low beams. Both coupe and sedan use 9005 for the high beam bulb.

I understand that :). Just I know I need different bulbs because I replaced the stock. I bought these headlight housings. http://www.specdtuning.com/2lhp-cv12jm-8v2-tm.html
According to the page it needs H1 bulbs for both low and high beams if I am reading it right. Therefore would I need two sets of these Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q4T7X4/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=
to make it so I have two low and two high? I don't see Nokya H1 lights specifying saying they are low or high. So does that mean they do both with their filament?

spec d says h1 low and h1 high beam. So you need 2 sets of those h1 bulbs if you want to replace both your high and low beams with white bulbs. The civic has separate bulbs for each, so it's not a dual filament bulb. Order 2 pairs of those if you want both high and low beams replaced.

Thank you! They are ordered. One thing I am confused about. Yours have the connectors on the end...The ones I ordered look like the picture below. Is that just how the h1's are or what? Just wondering if I'm going to need to order an adapter.

31ysActHonL_zpsld5y8s0s.jpg

headlight must have some type of connector to go from h1 to a 9005 connector. I'd imagine the back has a connector like this for the h1 and then it goes to the stock wiring adapter. I've not see the wiring on those aftermarket headlights.

HeRNu02.jpg

Yeah I know it has something that plugs into the original harness. It must switch over to that. I never opened the lights to see the connector or look at the bulbs. I knew they were there and had no reason to. The help is much appreciated. :) I'll post new pictures of the car with the new lights in along with it being washed and waxed. :)

Last edited:
Yes, we want to see the LED running lights powered to run as DRL's full power whenever the car is on!

Run them to your ignition. I'm gonna do a projector retrofit in mine sometime soon and I'm gonna run my angel eyes to switched power at the steering column. If you want to get fancy, you can wire in a relay to the parking brake so that you can turn them off by engaging the parking brake(like they do with the factory DRL)

What would running them to the ignition accomplish that the parking lights would not? It's just a switch I can leave on it turn off. Just curious as to why I should go the ignition route. :)

What would running them to the ignition accomplish that the parking lights would not? It's just a switch I can leave on it turn off. Just curious as to why I should go the ignition route. :)

So it's seamless, no switch to engage. They are on when the car is on; also you will save bulb life on your parking lights.

OK. How are the steps to doing this? You sold me on it. Is it difficult or about the same as running to anything else?

Three screws on the bottom of the steering column to remove the shroud, once you get that out of the way, find the harness that has the thick gauge wires and then tap it into the blue or orange wire with a fuse in between.

Can't I just tap into a wire that comes on, such as a 12v ign wire somewhere under the hood? Maybe one of the fuses and just get an add a circuit adapter? Any wire/fuse that gets hot when the ignition is turned on should be an ignition wire right?

You can do that and it'll work the same. At the shop we are required to run directly to the ignition so that we don't overload any circuits but it all comes down to what's easiest for you. They shouldn't draw all that much current so you shouldn't have to worry about overloading any circuit but it is still safe practice to go directly to the ignition

@Joe Liu Here is a screen shot of the 2012 model. The fuse box diagrams are almost identical if not identical. I know the Small Lights fuse is the same. The fuse would be labeled as Small Lights (Number 34). It is in the interior fuse box.
fuse_zpsfw2ph6iy.gif

Back