Fog lights now!

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Ok guys, I just bought these - http://www.carid.com/2013-honda-civic-fog-lights/spyder-fog-lights-19652608.html - and did not think about this until after the fact. I'm pretty sure my car has a spot that just pops out for them to be put in. The question I have though since my car did not come with fog lights, am I going to need to do anything special? It includes switch and wiring harness. I'm pretty sure this should be a straight forward install. I just wanted to check with you guys. Also, I could not find what bulb these fog lights would take. Size that is. I think I'm going to go with Noyka Bulbs, just not sure on the size and color. The lense is yellow so I could just get a clear lense and it will still be that color. Or I could get a yellow bulb and make it a brighter yellow?! Choices... My Civic is White. Any opinions on what would work better and look better?

Honestly those fogs are poor quality and if possible you should try for a refund before they ship, if they haven't already. Get the OEM fog light kit. I know OEM is about 4x as expensive (I have the same car and I bought the kit) but it's worth it. A few members have had issues with the spyder bulbs burning out, cracked lenses etc etc. You'l save money now and frustrate yourself later

Ok. I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I don't want to scratch anything or mess anything up. Where the VSA Switch is, to the left of the steering wheel. How do I get another tab off so I can install another switch? For example, my fog light switch. Also, these are more then adequate enough for the install right? http://www.autozone.com/electrical-...fuse-and-accessories/32414_0_0/?checkfit=true

Last edited:
image.png

The whole trim piece lined in red is held on purely with push clips. Others have said to pull as shown with the arrows. Then you can pop the cover plates from the rear and wire things as needed.

Just came in. Now I have these along with my lowering springs to install. I'll have pictures of the new headlight bulbs (already upgraded headlight housing), new fog lights and the dropped suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_20160302_183854095.jpg
    IMG_20160302_183854095.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
Pictures don't do justice for just how bright and yellow the fog lights really are. It's a yellow lense with hyper yellow fog lights. Used my phone camera to take picture if that tells you why the crappy shot. IMG_20160314_092412772.jpg

Back