DIY AP's Bi-Xenon Retrofit DIY Guide

Use TRSTEN for 10% off. :)

If your have any further questions don't hesitate to give me a call at TRS(Jamel)

Last edited:
Okay this is really looking too good to be true, unless I am missing something. Am I correct in understanding that the projector is only held on by a lock ring behind the headlight housing? No dremeling or screws or anything like that that I've seen with lots of other retrofits? And if that is the case, do your headlights bounce or is this a strong enough way of mounting the projectors that you don't have to worry about that? I had planned on buying an extra set of headlights and doing a retrofit as my winter project, but it's starting to look easier than I was expecting. Any clarification on this is much appreciated.

Okay this is really looking too good to be true, unless I am missing something. Am I correct in understanding that the projector is only held on by a lock ring behind the headlight housing? No dremeling or screws or anything like that that I've seen with lots of other retrofits? And if that is the case, do your headlights bounce or is this a strong enough way of mounting the projectors that you don't have to worry about that? I had planned on buying an extra set of headlights and doing a retrofit as my winter project, but it's starting to look easier than I was expecting. Any clarification on this is much appreciated.

If your are only doing the low beams, the mini H1's will fit with no problem and be kept in place with the lock rings.

just the lock rings are used. no dremel or cutting required

Did you pull the projectors solenoid wires through the inside of the project and run the wires past the bulb like this? Or will this burn/ melt the wires?
20150720_225506.jpg

Is that coming out of the bowl, like through the same hole the bulb goes in?
Ya. In the instructions AP said to pull the wires through the projector and there wasn't any pics or further details. Wanted to double check before I went any further but decided not to run the solenoid wires so they're tucked away inside the headlight housing

Last edited:
You don't want to run them through the hole that the bulb goes in as they will melt in less than a min, you would run them on the outside along the bowl if you wanted to.

Guys I was wondering, if I wanted to do a quad bi-xenon setup with a projector in the high and low beam spot - would a projector mount just like this in the high beam spot? If not, how would you mount a projector in the high beam location?

Guys I was wondering, if I wanted to do a quad bi-xenon setup with a projector in the high and low beam spot - would a projector mount just like this in the high beam spot? If not, how would you mount a projector in the high beam location?
exactly the same as the low beam spot. Just threaded through the bulb hole.

you don't have to do any of it any certain way. As i have mentioned before i wired mine seperate so i have independant control of both factory high beam and my projector highbeam :)

Back