2012 Civic Audio Wiring Guide & Pinouts For Factory Radio

THANKS WEBBY,

Ever hear of anyone splice a raspberry pi so it plays on the imid?

And since i have the back up camera on my navi screen am i correct to assume those pins would be blank?

Pins were blank for people who didn't have backup cameras (2012's). I've not seen anyone try anything with a raspberry pi, but @ADExternal or some of the other wiring people may be able to provide feedback.

I'm wanting to install a red scanner led strip for looks and theft deterant on my 2014 si sedan with premium audio, I need some advice on where to splice it into, I see there's a security pin out on the back of the premium head unit which I assume is for the red light that flashes with car is locked, does anyone know where that wire runs, I was hoping it ran down to factory amp, but on the pin out a12 it says not used, I assume it runs from head unit somewhere else, I know I can probally pull deck out and splice there but was hoping to just do it under the dash for ease

I'm wanting to install a red scanner led strip for looks and theft deterant on my 2014 si sedan with premium audio, I need some advice on where to splice it into, I see there's a security pin out on the back of the premium head unit which I assume is for the red light that flashes with car is locked, does anyone know where that wire runs, I was hoping it ran down to factory amp, but on the pin out a12 it says not used, I assume it runs from head unit somewhere else, I know I can probally pull deck out and splice there but was hoping to just do it under the dash for ease
prob have to get the wiring diagrams from honda, unless you just start tracing the wires yourself. You can download diagrams and stuff directly from honda. They have online subscription plans -
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

so if im reading accurately here I want to change my hi level connection right now its connected to stock sub in trunk via red green wires and I don't like the sound. so if i change it to at the radio bypassing my stock amp it will sound better? If im reading this right its pink(+) and blue(-) at the radio for what I want to tap into?

As long as it is before the stock amp you will get a better signal. However you need an amp that will accept it. It's not a standard positive and negative signal like you're using with the hi level connection

yes I thought I just purchased that alpine pdr-m65 just found out it is not balanced :( so what happens if I do switch to before the amp it wont turn on?

It will turn on but it's a lower voltage signal and you will only be able to accept half the signal with a normal amp. Meaning it will be half as loud. You'll either need a new amp so if you could return yours for one that does accept differentially balanced inputs that'd be perfect. Otherwise you can keep the amp but need a equalizer or something like a JL audio cleansweep which woukd need to be tuned ect to get the same effect. Which would cost as much or more than the proper amp

It will. I have the XD1000/5 so it powers all my speakers and the sub. Sounds much better and surrounds you in sound since the rears speakers are ridiculously quiet from stock

im jelous I want that we dont have local shops here that have that kind of talent. I regret changing my rear speakers lost my trunk springs so cant open trunk magnet was hitting them you must have a sedan if you changed rear speakers and yes the stock amp and crossovers suck so bad I cant stand it!!!

im jelous I want that we dont have local shops here that have that kind of talent. I regret changing my rear speakers lost my trunk springs so cant open trunk magnet was hitting them you must have a sedan if you changed rear speakers and yes the stock amp and crossovers suck so bad I cant stand it!!!
2013 Si coupe. JL Audio C2 Coaxial speakers in the rear with no issues. Did the install and wiring myself. Not very difficult.

hows that possible I even tried shallow mounts no luck when I went to shut the trunk it hit magnets of all speakers I tired man I wish I could get you to take a pic of that I triend 5 sets before I gave up and removed springs. didnt you have the crappy yellow weave speakers and the rear had the tiny tiny magnets

credit to @ADExternal
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/adexternals-reverse-backup-camera-diy.6538/

iMidPlug.jpg
My install of my Pumpkin Android went very, very successfully. However, I am hoping to NOT have to purchase the Axxess ASWC-1 Harness for retaining steering wheel controls, can anyone confirm or deny if splicing into A6 in the above diagram will allow my pumpkin to receive and assign the signals from the controls? The input signal into the pumpkin are analog.

The civic SWC runs over canbus so it can control the radio and the imid so the ASWC-1 is necessary for SWC control to function

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

has anyone had issues with whining noise or feedback after installing a dq-61 on a premium stereo civic??
i think i may have a slight ground issue and wanted to hear how others had wired theirs up

The model number on the nav units changed, but they're both made by Mitsubishi. I would imagine they're the same for wiring

Back