tires are tearing?

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
My original set of conti tires looks like the front tires are tearing. It only happens to the front 2 tires . I rotate my tires ever oil change (or indicated by the MM). No matter which corner the tire is on, it's only these two. When my current rear tires were in the front, they don't do that. Any idea on what's going on? tire pressure is checked regularly and pumped to 32 PSI and no alignment issues. I was never off road, only on asphalt.

Attachments

• IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
I would go to your dealership and show them your tires. They don't really warranty tires per say, but that could be a defect they'd take care of.

I remember my original set being pretty bad and not lasting long at all, but I had those garbage Michelin summer tires though now that I think of it. Those should definitely be checked for defect.

Check the four digit numbers on the sidewall of the tires. The tires could be old. The numbers indicate when they were manufactured.

For example: A tire that shows digits 0215 is manufactured in the 2nd week of year 2015.

I would definitely try the dealership first and see what they say. Generally if you're in the bumper to bumper warranty they should be able to get a hold of a rep and even if they don't replace them free or charge, they should give you a hefty discount on two new ones

While it is possible that you have 2 defective tires, don't forget to check suspension and alignment as well.

Back