WINTER WHEELS SETUP?

kman9613

Hey guys,
I was wondering what wheels do people usually go with for the winter season? If you can post pics and details that would help out!

I just run steelies. I'm running general altimax arctic tires & they've done amazing for the last two seasons.

I have 03-04 TSX 17x7 wheels and 205/50/17 General Altimax Arctics.

I'm on a new set. The previous tires lasted three winter seasons.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

12' Si wheels: 17x7
205/50/17 tires: Continental ExtremeWinterContact

I do not like these tires. They are easily the worst snow tire I have driven. In deep snow they do great but on just plain cold, wet, slushy or dry winter roads, they have not been that great. Certainly better than an all season or a summer tire but eh, I would not get them again.

16" Steelies
205/55/16 tires: Firestone Winterforce

A great snow tire. Not the best ever but a very good tire. It has performed well in all winter conditions. I would recommend this tire.

16" Steelies
205/55/16 tire: Dunlop Graspic DS-2

Best snow tire I have driven. They have since moved on to the DS-3 as it's replacement. I would also recommend this tire especially if you do not encounter heavy snow a lot due to the long wear of the tire.

Note: The first 55% of the Graspic DS-3's tread depth features Dunlop's high-grip silica-enhanced compound while the remaining 45% features an all-season tread compound. Snow platform indicators (basically, snow wear bars) are molded into the Graspic DS-3's tread grooves to inform the driver when ice and snow traction will be reduced as the tire's tread wear reaches the point where the premium high-grip silica tread compound is about to wear away.

@squiggy may have some input on these tires as well since he inherited my, eh, fairly worn set of DS-2s.

They were great the first winter and so so the second winter (I assume they were bordering on going from winter to all season) . They aren't that great once they get to the all season mark and suck in the rain. Bear in mind that my car has full bolt-ons.

black widow.png
I ordered a set of these rims and a set of nokian hakkapeliitta 7 studded tires
Supposed to be a great set of tires not sure yet as they are sitting in the local tire shop as i am having a hell of a time getting time off to get in to the city and get them installed
The Steelies were $86 i think and these were $146 they are a street gear black widow wheel
I'll post some pics after i get them installed

winters.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo but it was raining here all day

These are the Street Gear Black Widow Wheels with Nokian Hakkapeliitta-7 Studded winter Tires
Had them installed and an alignment done on the car so she should be good to go for the winter

View attachment 54087

Sorry for the crappy photo but it was raining here all day

These are the Street Gear Black Widow Wheels with Nokian Hakkapeliitta-7 Studded winter Tires
Had them installed and an alignment done on the car so she should be good to go for the winter

Studded?

Nevermind...Canadian.

Reactions: Nix
I just put brand new Blizzaks on my previously-summer HPD wheels; 225/40/18. They look meatier than the 215/45/17's I had on previously, as though they fit the rims better. Can't wait to get our first snow!

Front
aa95f0d4f4bb89a3da122b7486ede69e.jpg

Rear
0d0ab1b8f12a3210627643f04b394531.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back