Every gear nearly impossible to go into

Ernesto Montano

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
2013 civic Si

Hey this started yesterday where in the morning when I was off to school. I turned on my car like normal and when I went into reverse to leave my driveway it grinded hard, then as I went into first to be on my way it also grinded and every gear after that grinded as well. It didn't take long into the drive for it to get better and better until it was eventually as smooth as normal. After I finished school I got into my car and it was a bit hard to get into first but not nearly as bad as that morning..and then it got better as I drove.

Now today, same routine. I went to leave my driveway in reverse and it grinded hard as hell, and then when I went to put it into first it was pretty much impossible. Every single gear was extremely hard to put in but as the gears were higher it was a bit easier (4th gear is easier to put in then 1st). What I found weird though is that the gears are Honda silky smooth to put in when the car is OFF and this grinding and difficulty of putting my car in gear only happens when the car is ON. This morning I had to turn on my car in first gear in order to move because I literally couldn't put it in first from neutral with the car on. I drove around my neighborhood before going on to main streets and it got easier and easier until it eventually was normal.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Is it possible that it's my tranny fluid? I'm at like 54k miles I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

When is the last time you changed the trans fluid?

This service should be done every 30k miles.

Both of those items can cause your issue ^

Change your fluid and see is that helps the issue. If not there's other areas you can check.

That's a problem. Fill it back up with brake fluid and see if you can figure out where it's leaking out.
I filled it up with brake fluid so I can just make it home from school. It pretty fixed my problems I just need to figure out the leak. If anything I'll just take it to Honda under warranty

I've still have the problem but it's much better. I've noticed that it goes away when my car is warmed up for like 5 min

Possible to have air in the line since the slave was empty?

Bleed the system until you think there is not air left. and then bleed it again. running the reservoir to empty introduces air into the system that can be difficult to bleed out.

My car has been perfect for the past couple of days. Only issue is that since my slave was empty, pretty sure that means I have a leak somewhere.

Back