Remote start option cost and install

justdano

I'm new to this forum and my new 2014 Civic base couple. What are pro's and con's to using Honda's remote starting kit vs other aftermarket kit? initial kit Cost/install time/tools/software reset/etc....

Thanks, Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

welcome to the forum. Is your car an automatic?

Sorry to revive this thread but I recently started doing some research now that im interested in getting a remote starter installed on my 2013 EX sedan and after doing some reading, im seeing that the OEM honda kit (08E91-E54-100) might still need an attachment kit (08E92-TR0-100A). Can anyone confirm this? Or if there is anything else I will need in order to get my dealer to install the kit? I'm trying to get the kit installed before winter comes. Any info on this topic would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to revive this thread but I recently started doing some research now that im interested in getting a remote starter installed on my 2013 EX sedan and after doing some reading, im seeing that the OEM honda kit (08E91-E54-100) might still need an attachment kit (08E92-TR0-100A). Can anyone confirm this? Or if there is anything else I will need in order to get my dealer to install the kit? I'm trying to get the kit installed before winter comes. Any info on this topic would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You need both items you listed to install the kit. The 2nd part number is like the wiring harness and whatnot.

something to look into -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/forum-rewards-pricing.2392/

Thanks Webby. I just registered for the rewards program. Do you know if the discounts are valid for the remote starter kit and attachment kit?

Thanks Webby. I just registered for the rewards program. Do you know if the discounts are valid for the remote starter kit and attachment kit?
It should be on anything they sell, so yes.

My bad...been way too long since I was in that thread

I installed a compustar system on my 2012 and I love it. I'm an autotech for best buy so I install aftermarket on a daily basis. You can have best buy Install a "t harness" compustar system on yours so they don't splice into the factory ignition wiring and it can be triggered by either the aftermarket remote or pressing lock 3x on your OEM fob. The base system is $285 and you can add other features like smartphone Integration for $150 and an alarm upgrade kit for $99 to turn it into a full security system. These prices are best buy quotes just to give you an idea of the pricing. PM me if you have any questions!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back