Best short throw shifter, knob and bushings?

Hay if its not any trouble do you think you can hook me up with links to your setup I really like the black and red look and its about time I got a ss

Thanks! Sickspeed on ebay for the knob, Redlinegoods for the boot (it's an 8th, not 9th gen). Take a look at the official shift knob thread for more info!

Full TWM set up on my 8th and both the stage 1 and now stage 2 shifter with both the base and cable bushings and I love it... Short, stiff and precise...

Is there a DIY for a short shifter?I've seen one for the short shift adapter but not the shifter itself.I've had the TWM shifter for a while and just ordered a Moddiction Anvil but not completely confident about installing it .Anyone have any problems while installing the shifter?

Is there a DIY for a short shifter?I've seen one for the short shift adapter but not the shifter itself.I've had the TWM shifter for a while and just ordered a Moddiction Anvil but not completely confident about installing it .Anyone have any problems while installing the shifter?
The steps would be identical except for putting on the adapter. With both you will have to remove the entire assembly.

@corey99699:

I think that @immajackuup bought a TWM, but I don't know that anyone has posted info on getting the oem shift lever out of the cage, if that's what you're asking. I'd like to know how to remove the black upper sleeve that hold it in myself.
OEM Cage.jpg

Last edited:
My shifter came with instructions,don't have them handy but I do remember reading that one step would require two people,I think that's it but I'm not sure.

I removed the shifter cup by myself although it does recommend 2 people. You need to use paper clips to hold the tabs open so that you can pull the cup out. I used a screwdriver to pry the tabs out. Not really an easy process.

I removed the shifter cup by myself although it does recommend 2 people. You need to use paper clips to hold the tabs open so that you can pull the cup out. I used a screwdriver to pry the tabs out. Not really an easy process.
That's the part I'm most worried about because I read if you break that part Honda doesn't sell it without the shifter assembly,not sure if that's true though.

bahuzu6e.jpg
finished the install and it went well.love the shifter and bushings.

^^^Looks great! Nice job. Any tips on getting the black cup out?
Thanks,The tabs on the cup are thicker and stronger than I thought they would be,which is a good and a bad thing.They're harder to pry out than I expected but I think it would take quite a bit of force to break them.I went in at an angle using a precision flathead screwdriver one at a time and when I got the tab far enough out put the paperclip in to hold it.I marred the hell out of the clips because the thickness of them made it hard to get the screwdriver behind them but it didn't hurt them.Once I had all 4 tabs secured with the paperclips my friend grabbed the shifter and yanked it out with no problem.I had help but it can be done by one person and it's SO worth the money,I love the way it feels.

Very nice setup! I went with the Buddy Club Short shifter and Hybrid racing cable bushings and base bushings. The large cable bushing has a bearing race in it to better accomodate shifts. I don't know why, but mine is not an inch higher than oem, as someone posted. The shifter is curved to be a little closer to the driver though. I have my knob screwed all the way down, too. The shifts are short, precise. There is no damping sensation at all.View attachment 27159

Where did you buy this boot and shift knob?

In case anyone is wondering.... since 2013, Acuity Instruments came out with hands-down the best damn short shift kit I've ever used, let alone for the civic. Highly recommended, well worth the high price point.

It's underneath the backpack. I love the way it's adjusted but taps the ring when shifting into first. Just annoys me slightly. But I will if it makes u happy. :bananapoke:

Back