bootyluvr's 2015 WRX Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other healthy V8s. M3, Charger, Challenger, Audi S6 just to name a few. ;) Granted some are boosted but still there are other options.

Last edited:
Dude, didn't this just happen to you?

And you're just out of warranty... so is this going to be on you or do you think they'll cover it since you just had it in?

Dude, didn't this just happen to you?

And you're just out of warranty... so is this going to be on you or do you think they'll cover it since you just had it in?

Well.... I had a CEL back in May 2016 and I took it to the dealer. They preformed the work on 05/09/2016 when I had 26,499 miles. The CEL was gone until about a month or two ago when it came back. I had it read (local place) but they cleared the code (I didn't ask them to). It just came back yesterday.

The 60k mile powertrain warranty will cover this. If they say I have to pay out of pocket I will fight it!

There any similar cases on NASIOC? Any clue on the underlying issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There any similar cases on NASIOC? Any clue on the underlying issue?

I posted up on one of the Subaru Facebook groups. It's a common issue... Not sure about an underlying issue.

A Crosstrek owner also replied:

"Just had my crosstrek in for the 3rd time for this. The last time it took 2 weeks, they ended up replacing parts on the end of the cam and replaced the ECU. Been a week, so far so good. Handled under warranty"

A BRZ owner also replied:

"Ive gotten this so many times on my 2K14 BRZ. Its covered on warranty. My main issue with my Cam Shift Position Sensor was it kept coming loose so they had to go in and make sure its secure.
I would recommend you get it fixed asap."

Another reply from someone that works at a dealer?:

"Have seen a couple of these at the dealer. It can be a camshaft sprocket issue. If learns in to the ecu you will have to get a new ecu too. But hopefully not. GL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back