2012 Lx TBS

Munchcivic

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm a new member and new to the Civic ownership. I have already installed a 8" touchscreen (as seen in the pic.)but now want to install a TBS along with other upgrades.
I have found that Procivic has a TBS for the 2012 lx.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_140/product-1060/index.html
Is this the right one to use?
I just wanted to make sure this is the correct one as I've seen a lot of talk about the 8th Gens TBS fitting.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20170308_152552.jpg
    20170308_152552.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
Welcome to the forum! Seems like the right throttle body to me. Hope it works out well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can't say much about the throttle body spacer but I do like your touchscreen. Nice work!

yeah, just get the color you want and select the year / model in their list. Welcome to the forum

Hey, welcome!

Although the TBS claims 5-10 whp, dyno results are really more like 2-3. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't change the car much, but it's a pretty easy install if you're looking for a car project and just like to wrench. It also appears they have started including the "cut out" in the thermal gasket needed to avoid the fuel system leak warning. It can be a tight fit with the stock air box so be prepared for some adjusting and cursing.

If you really want to get the best bang for the buck part, pick up a larger rear sway bar. Either one off an Si or any of the aftermarket ones. If you can do the TBS install, you can handle the sway bar.

Hey, welcome!

Although the TBS claims 5-10 whp, dyno results are really more like 2-3. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't change the car much, but it's a pretty easy install if you're looking for a car project and just like to wrench. It also appears they have started including the "cut out" in the thermal gasket needed to avoid the fuel system leak warning. It can be a tight fit with the stock air box so be prepared for some adjusting and cursing.

If you really want to get the best bang for the buck part, pick up a larger rear sway bar. Either one off an Si or any of the aftermarket ones. If you can do the TBS install, you can handle the sway bar.
Thanks for the info.

It also appears they have started including the "cut out" in the thermal gasket needed to avoid the fuel system leak warning.

That is correct! During the development of the TBS, we sought to provide a kit that will be simple to install and require minimal modification. Having studied the stock manifold and throttle body, we found this would be the best way of keeping the emissions port in tact while still increasing performance.

R18 TBS Gasket2.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm a new member and new to the Civic ownership. I have already installed a 8" touchscreen (as seen in the pic.)but now want to install a TBS along with other upgrades.
I have found that Procivic has a TBS for the 2012 lx.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_140/product-1060/index.html
Is this the right one to use?
I just wanted to make sure this is the correct one as I've seen a lot of talk about the 8th Gens TBS fitting.
Thanks in advance.
BTW, Where did you get your touchscreen? What brand is it? It looks very nice though.
Thanks,

couple of questions about your new headunit. how do you like the sound quality? what exactly does the obd adapter do? how do you like the bluetooth? does the bluetooth display track title info?

Sound quality is great way better than stock.
Bluetooth works well and yes it displays the track info. This deck works best with android phones.
The obd connects via Bluetooth and using an app called Torque it displays all info from your car. Such as speed, rpm, coolant temp, as well as any codes that may come up. Plus much more.

sounds like a good buy. do you have steering wheel controls on your civic and do they work with the headunit? i have an si and was curious if everything on the steering wheel would wokr the new headunit. thanks

All steering controls work.
The Imid also still works.
You do have to buy the bus controller but it's definitely worth the $30 extra.
It's the only deck I could find that was capable of still using the Imid.

Back