Pulls right

Let me ask this what type of tires do you have? Stickier tires can do that but the main reason is the tire shape. If you look from behind the vehicle at a tire it looks like a rectangle for a basic shape. Now that rectangle isn't exactly built with to parallel sides when it comes to tires. They can be trapezoid shape or parallelogram or egg shaped or multiples of these. If you leaned the tire over rather than rolling it straight up right, is it going to roll straight down the road? No, it'll roll and fall into that direction. That tire deformity is what cause this concern when torque is applied and the tires need grip and pull the way they are contacting the road.

Visual:

Good Prob 1 Prob 2 Prob 3 Prob 4

l l ___ l \ ___ / l ___ \ \ ___ / /

Each one of those tires can pull differently and at different rates depending on tread compound/design and severity of the tire imperfections. If you had 2 tires that looked like #4 in the front then it'll want to pull you more right and rotating you allows to make the tires fight against themselves: ex 3/4 or 4/3 to where they push or pull at each other. Some do it all the time but few occasions only accel and decel. Hope that helps

Edit: Bad example lol

I understand it now. Even when small amounts of power is applied, the tire basically "flattens out" but only into the shape it sort of was manufactured in, defect or not. Hopefully someone can take something from this.

Edit: oh yea and the tires up front are called milestar, im planning on different ones soon.

Last edited:
Update. Dealer ripped me for 140$ only for me to go home and swap left for the right tire. Car pulls left now. **** everything. And theres that. Thanks all.

Update. Dealer ripped me for 140$ only for me to go home and swap left for the right tire. Car pulls left now. **** everything. And theres that. Thanks all.
So it's one tire that screws things up. Time to replace it. By the way you may find some local mechanics to do the job. It's much cheap than getting it done from dealer.
Trust me. I did the full package (alignment, rotation, balancing) only about 100 more than yours.

the dealer actually did nothing and told me it was normal. i literally stood in shock and asked them "you think the engineers at honda were ok with a car naturally pulling to the right?? you think they would design a car like that?" they just argued until i gave up. mechanic and the rep both tried to tell me their cars pull as well when i asked them. full of it. whatever, i should have just swapped the tire myself if i know so much. thing is its under warranty so that was my go to. never again. nobody touches my vehicles.

The car is under warranty and you paid them $140 to do nothing? I don't understand

They charged 140 diagnosis.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Try rotating one of the rear tires in place with one of the fronts see what happens. I had to rotate mine 3-4 different ways till I could make it go away and find what combo in the front wanted to work best. Sorry to hear you had to spend money and not having been told a proper reason why it did what it did.

Tires are mismatched. Can't do that

Tires are mismatched.

That might be the issue you're feeling. If the tires are mismatched but the alignment is correct I would suspect the odd tire is causing the issue. Do you have 2 and 2 or 3 and 1?

2 and 2. Already did the swap. One tire is causing the pull. Thanks much for everyones Input!

Reactions: Nix
Back