Si Suspension on Non Si fits!

He didn't answer my question though. :(
I still would like know if the Si 's that are on K Sport coilovers are using 14 mm bolts in the 16 mm bolt hole. I'm thinking no. Maybe the coilover kit comes with the washer reducers that they sell and Eric doesn't know this. :hmmm?:
Is anyone on this forum on K Sport coilovers who could confirm this one way or the other?

He didn't answer my question though. :(
I still would like know if the Si 's that are on K Sport coilovers are using 14 mm bolts in the 16 mm bolt hole. I'm thinking no. Maybe the coilover kit comes with the washer reducers that they sell and Eric doesn't know this. :hmmm?:
Is anyone on this forum on K Sport coilovers who could confirm this one way or the other?
@Dennis Rockholt and know this guy has K-Sport coilovers

When Me and my buddy did mine, they were a direct fit, no extra hardware needed as the Ksport kit will come with everything you need..Idk if that answers it ha And from a quality standpoint, I really really have enjoyed my thus far. Been on there almost a year now.

Your kit must have come with 16 mm bolts then. ?
I wonder why Eric at K Sport is telling me that the kit comes with same bolts as the non Si? Something's fucky with that info. from K Sport. Anyway, I have found all the answers I was looking for. I give up trying to figure K Sport out.

tumblr_mxx0pxXCYh1sp71ndo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Update.
Received the 8 washer reducers from K Sport. (4/strut)
Thanks to @FB2Chris and @Nix

14 mm inside hole gap diameter (didn't take a picture)
25 mm outside diameter (see pic)
6 mm total thickness (see pic)
They are strong and high quality. Will update once everything is installed.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Just an update to confirm that Si struts and shocks can be used on Non Si cars. You need to have those 8 washers. I kept the original top hats to save time. The top hats for the Si strut and the non Si are the same. Took 2 hours to change everything. The shocks in the rear were very easy to do and took about 30 minutes to exchange both.

The car drives great. Feels stiffer.

Before (With non Si original strut and shock)

2015-06-06 09.07.34.jpg

After (With Si strut and shock)
Notice the silver washer just inside the nut.

2015-06-06 09.26.30.jpg

@Nix you said you were interested in the confirmation of this exchange.
@webby could you change the title of this thread. Just delete the question mark. This is now confirmed.

Reactions: Nix
Nice man. I've updated the first post as well. How's the ride height compared to before. Same?

Nice man. I've updated the first post as well. How's the ride height compared to before. Same?
It feels a little stiffer. I really like it.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I kept my non Si lowering springs (Eibach Pro kit) and they work. The opposite would not work however. I.E. If Si lowering springs on the non Si struts would not work. The non Si strut base is a little smaller.

@Pauly99to17 I'm looking to replace my 2012 stock LX suspension with 2012 stock Si suspension. Based on this thread, it looks like I need to buy adapters to fit my original 14mm bolts to Si's 16mm holes? Can you link me to these? Thanks!

Reactions: Tak
@Pauly99to17 I'm looking to replace my 2012 stock LX suspension with 2012 stock Si suspension. Based on this thread, it looks like I need to buy adapters to fit my original 14mm bolts to Si's 16mm holes? Can you link me to these? Thanks!
@Joe Liu
I thought you have the Megan coil installed in the past? Any reason why going with Si suspension on your lx?
Thanks

Back