Si Suspension on Non Si fits!

@Joe Liu
I thought you have the Megan coil installed in the past? Any reason why going with Si suspension on your lx?
Thanks

@Tak temporarily switching back to stock because of bad roads. There's also a local guy selling Si suspension for dirt cheap so I'm just doing some research on whether or not it's a direct fit. although the benefits seems very minimal.

Reactions: Tak
@Tak temporarily switching back to stock because of bad roads. There's also a local guy selling Si suspension for dirt cheap so I'm just doing some research on whether or not it's a direct fit. although the benefits seems very minimal.
I think this idea is more than minimal. You will enjoy stock height while getting a bit stiffer suspension from Si. I'd say go for it

I felt like my car was higher when I had Si suspensions on mine.
Screwed up the camber too and made it slightly positive

I am new to the forum. Have a 2012 civic sedan that is my DD. Added a Si rear sway bar and would like to firm up the suspension. I have read this entire thread and need some clarification. Can I install 2013 Si struts in my car using the reducing washers if I want to retain the stock springs? Will the stock spring seats work or do I need to use the si seats? On a budget, the Koni yellows are not in the cards right now.
Thanks in advance.

I am new to the forum. Have a 2012 civic sedan that is my DD. Added a Si rear sway bar and would like to firm up the suspension. I have read this entire thread and need some clarification. Can I install 2013 Si struts in my car using the reducing washers if I want to retain the stock springs? Will the stock spring seats work or do I need to use the si seats? On a budget, the Koni yellows are not in the cards right now.
Thanks in advance.
welcome to the site. @Pauly99to17 did it & said the top hats were also the same between si/nonsi. See the parts in red. Even though he purchased a whole setup, he just wanted to the shocks/struts.

Just an update to confirm that Si struts and shocks can be used on Non Si cars. You need to have those 8 washers. I kept the original top hats to save time. The top hats for the Si strut and the non Si are the same. Took 2 hours to change everything. The shocks in the rear were very easy to do and took about 30 minutes to exchange both.

The car drives great. Feels stiffer.

Before (With non Si original strut and shock)

View attachment 47726

After (With Si strut and shock)
Notice the silver washer just inside the nut.

View attachment 47727

I picked up the full Si suspension yesterday. Springs, shocks, struts, top plates, everything brand new and in the box for $200. Really happy with that deal. All I will be using is the shocks. I wonder if anyone would be interested in any other parts of this suspension that I don't use. Any value there?

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate the support. My concern centers around the stock springs and how they will fit into the Si strut spring seat. Is the Si rubber spring seat needed for the stock spring?

Back