Civic & RSX build

aZnCdn

Daily: 2013 Civic Si Sedan. I chose mods to enhance esthetics and daily driving:

IKON front lip
F/R Red H Badges
Blacked out chrome parts
Blacked out low beam headlights
Retrofit Mini H1 projectors
Philips ballasts
Philips 4300K HIDs
Morimoto LED Fogs with Yellow LAMIN-X tint
Independent Fog Mod
Replaced all indecent bulbs with LEDs
HFP suspension (springs & shocks)
Acura TL wheels 17x8 wrapped in 235/45 tires
Buddy Club Short Shifter w/ ClubRSX shift knob
30/15 tint

Future wish list:
Super charger w/Flashpro
Morimoto LEDs

Track car: 2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Go:
Ingen Cold Air Intake
Club RSX Race Header
Full Race 3” Exhaust
Hondata K-Pro
AEM Drive Pulleys
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

Show:
A-spec Front Lip / Side Skirts / Rear Wing
F/R Red H Badges
Custom Black-out Headlight Housing
Retrofitted with TSX Projectors
4300K HID headlights
Carbon Fiber Hood
Buddy Club Short Shifter
Club RSX Shift Knob
Rear Half gutted out
Re-painted Jet Black

Hold:
Tein S-Tech Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks
Ingalls Camber Kit
Front & Rear Mugen Strut Bars
Quaife LSD
Insane Shafts 500 HP Axles
Hotchkis 29mm Rear Sway Bar
Work XT-7 Wheels, 17x9 +27 offset
255/40 BFG Rivals
Hawk HP+ brake pads (Autocross/light track)
Kobold brake pads (for higher speed tracks)
ClubRSX stainless steel brake lines
Competition Stage 2 clutch (third one)
Sparco Street Fighter Racing seat
Takata 3” Race Harness (Driver side)
Sparco 2” Race Harness (Passenger Side)

Wish list:
Stoptech brake brake kit
Rear half Roll Bar
Matching Sparco seat for passenger
Replace springs & shocks with better racing suspension, not sure what yet.

Civic1.jpg Civic2.JPG RSX2.jpg RSX3.jpg RSX4.jpg

I’m sure the rsx has a tune. Car looks like a blast on the track. I assume the rsx is faster?

Also gotta ask. What does hold mean? Is it on the car?

He commented hondata k-pro, which is essentially the same as flashpro for the current civics. It had a different name back then.

Any specific tracks you’ve taken the rsx to? There are a handful of track enthusiasts on here.

He commented hondata k-pro, which is essentially the same as flashpro for the current civics. It had a different name back then.

Any specific tracks you’ve taken the rsx to? There are a handful of track enthusiasts on here.
Always thought k-pro was a modded ecu like the s300. Its a stand alone device?

I’m sure the rsx has a tune. Car looks like a blast on the track. I assume the rsx is faster?

Also gotta ask. What does hold mean? Is it on the car?

Yes it has a tune.

The civic has more torque so my guess is the Civic might be faster off the line, but by 3rd gear I would expect the RSX to walk the civic. I refer to "Hold" as suspension and anything that helps handling & traction.

I started off with a few autocross events. Then did a few small tracks around Florida. I have done a few NASA events at Sebring Int'l Raceway and Road Atlanta Raceway. Best time at Sebring was 2:49 and Road Atlanta 1:55. Still plenty of room for improvement. I'd like to get down to low 2:40's at Sebring and around 1:45 at Road Atlanta. Just need more seat time.

Always thought k-pro was a modded ecu like the s300. Its a stand alone device?
Kpro is a modded ecu they sell to replace your oem ecu. Then you have software you can use to tune the car.

I started off with a few autocross events. Then did a few small tracks around Florida. I have done a few NASA events at Sebring Int'l Raceway and Road Atlanta Raceway. Best time at Sebring was 2:49 and Road Atlanta 1:55. Still plenty of room for improvement. I'd like to get down to low 2:40's at Sebring and around 1:45 at Road Atlanta. Just need more seat time.
@jrotax101 was/is? an instructor at road Atlanta. There are some posts and vids in this thread.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...ber-28th-october-1st.15215/page-7#post-420672

Back