Goku's Type R Build Thread

|-Goku-|

I picked this up last month for MSRP, and I love it. I'm very happy with my choice, as I was bouncing around between the Focus RS, STi, and Type R.
For anyone that wants or cares to know why I landed on the Type R, here is why:
Focus RS has great HP and is AWD, but I didn't care for the seats, or the obnoxious "burping and popping" that they added into the exhaust. I think its annoying, and would never drive a car that I couldn't just turn that off. Plus, after everything, it was still a Focus.

STi has the great Subaru name, and the fantastic AWD, but the technology inside was extremely lacking for a 2017/2018 car. No Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and the dash looked very ancient. Also, the engine is super old. It needs to be replaced. I was told that it was a rally car, and that they wouldn't put technology into the car(Dealership)

Type R is a car that I told myself that if they ever brought it to the US, I would buy one. The technology is great on the inside, and looks very clean. It does not have AWD, but I have my Jeep for the winters. Plus it has the Honda name, and I really liked the look of the car.

These are all my opinions and how I ended up deciding on the car.

ANYWAY!

Plan's for the car will be:
Mishimoto Catch Can
Intake(Haven't decided, but Injen dropped the ball on their intake). I may go with Mishimoto when they get caught up with their supply and demand problem
PRL Intercooler
Hondata FlashPro

nninPig.jpg

htxusUy.jpg

It is absolutely beautiful!! I want one just like this so bad, a blue 4 door. Definitely subscribing for progress.

Congrats on getting one at msrp. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Congrats on the Type R! Best Color for any car is blue! :)

I was waiting for a build thread :excited:

STi has the great Subaru name, and the fantastic AWD, but the technology inside was extremely lacking for a 2017/2018 car. No Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and the dash looked very ancient. Also, the engine is super old. It needs to be replaced. I was told that it was a rally car, and that they wouldn't put technology into the car(Dealership)

Subaru "What's New" for 2019:

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Engine revisions to STi, including new air intake and high-flow exhaust system and higher turbo boost (now 16.2 PSI, up from 14.7 PSI), increase output to 310 horsepower; 290 lb-ft peak torque. Revised third gear improves acceleration times.

I feel that most people that buy an STi aren't buying it for the luxuries of Apple Car Play/Android Auto. While it is nice they are finally get it for the 2019 models it should have been standard at least a few years ago.

The engine is super old. I'll give you that one. Same engine since 2004 when it came to the States. I've heard (rumors) that 2020 or 2022 will have the new engine. Who knows though.

@|-Goku-| - Why you no come around here anymore? I want to see more Type R pics!

"|-Goku-| was last seen: Jul 9, 2018" :(

Back