2007 Subaru WRX STi

You should check out MAP's OTS Tune. I feel it's way better than Cobb's. Just me though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Replacement Rear View Mirror - Installed
Replacement Gas Cap with tether - Installed
Cobb AP V3 Stage 1 93 octane - Installed
Feal Struts - Awaiting delivery
RCE Black "Regular Guy" Springs - Awaiting Install
Group N Top Hats (Front & Rear) - Awaiting Install

Install Day is September 1st at my buddy's place. :woot:

Where are the picssss?

How much power are you making on that stage 1 tune? Are you considering a custom tune?

You should check out MAP's OTS Tune. I feel it's way better than Cobb's. Just me though.

I'll check it out. I'm looking to get ProTuned eventually.

Where are the picssss?

Of what?

How much power are you making on that stage 1 tune? Are you considering a custom tune?

Cobb shows this... lol

Subaru_STI_06-07.jpg

Boost Targets: ~16.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~14.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline

I'm willing to bet somewhere around 280/310 or so..

Yeah I'd say somewhere around there.

I'll check it out. I'm looking to get ProTuned eventually.

Of what?

Cobb shows this... lol

Subaru_STI_06-07.jpg

Boost Targets: ~16.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~14.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline

Yeah I'd say somewhere around there.

That sounds fun lol, can’t wait to see the rest of the things you get!

Can't, the car literally sits on the tires when it's aired out. Judy need a weekend where I'm not working or in the yard. Then I'll be trading coilovers with my buddy. Function and form type 1's.
Yeah it does look good. I want a gold set of wheels & a silver set of wheels.

Ahh gotcha. You don't drive like that right?

Make sure you get a good set of 200 tread-wear tires for those rims if your going to autox on them.

Any particular ones you would recommend? I know RE71's are up there on the list right?

Can't, the car literally sits on the tires when it's aired out. Judy need a weekend where I'm not working or in the yard. Then I'll be trading coilovers with my buddy. Function and form type 1's.

Oh wow! Yeah she did look WAY low. lol

Well considering I won't be using them just for autocross I'd like them to last a bit. It will be for weekend cruises/drives too.

For 200 treadwear my understanding of longevity from shortest to longest is:

1. Bridgestone potenza re-71r
2. Bfgoodrich rival 1.5
3. Falken Azeris Rt-615k+
4. Dunlop direzza zIII (the new star specs)

Grip level best to worst according to reviews:

1. Debatable between re-71s and rivals
2. Falken
3. Dunlop.

I have experience with star specs and rivals on my autocross cars. The star specs were middle of the road price range. I’ve used them for 3 seasons and what will be 2 track events before they will be fully spent roughly 20k highway miles plus events. They are predictable and stick well but get a little greasy if you get them real hot.

The rivals flat out stick. I’ve only run 2 events on them but I haven’t been able to break traction on these tires no matter how hard I’ve thrown the car once they are up to temp. No indication on overall life yet.

Back