Modified Stock Air Box

How is the heat soak with a SRI on your cars? my 8th gen had a SRI when I got it and living in AZ it heat soaked like a *Expletive* in the summer at stoplights/stop&go traffic so I replaced it with a true CAI.

I’ve seen videos where the person compared oem stock air temps versus a short ram. On an 87 degree day they were both basically identical. I don’t really know how much better a cai would be. It’s closer to the ground, but in a hot climate you’re also fighting crazy heat coming off the asphalt. When you get out of stop and go traffic the temps seem to drop.

View: https://youtu.be/JVSkGjmsxO0

When I switched to my AEM CAI I never had any heat soak issues after that, with the SRI unless I revved to like 3k RPM's (from a stop) in the summer with the A/C on, the car would nearly stall out.

Before I got the CAI I started picking up the factory intake parts from ebay because it was that big of an issue. But keep in mind, this is also in Arizona. Might not be as big of a concern for the majority of the rest of the country lol.

Back