What Oil & Filter combo do you run? (And on what engine)

Blackeagle

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
looking to find out what you guys run on your 9th gens. Not trying to start a "What oil is best" or "AMSOIL or nothing!" argument either, just the combo of what you're running.

I have used Pennzoil Platinum for all but my last oil change. Most recent was Royal Purple and always Honda oil filter for the k24.

I’ve been using Idemitsu Zepro 0W-20 with a Honda Filtech filter in/on my K24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all of you running the AO1 (I believe that's the Filtech) Honda filter? and what OCI are you going on those?

For my R18 after factory fill used Mobil1 AFE and FRAM Ultra. Now exclusively using Mobil1 EP and FRAM Ultra. Been considering AMSOIL XL going forward though with Wix (non XP). Basically I just use the same oil/filter combo in our family Hondas.

I use Amsoil OE oil line with an OEM Honda filter. Currently at 80k with no issues, no oil leaks on my 2012 Civic Si. The engine still looks clean from what I can see from the oil cap.

I swear by their tranny fluid on any Honda. I have it on my 2012 Civic Si and my 1987 Crx Si and notice smoother shifting over Honda Trans oil. I researched before determining on Amsoil and read nothing but good things and saw only good things about their lab results. I'm surprised squiggy has seen bad results though.

Honestly any oil is good if you're not beating you're car and you're changing the oil consistently. If you're a spirited driver I would recommend Puroil, Amsoil, or Motul. They'll all suffice and last longer than your standard oils.

I use Signature Amsoil oil on my 87 Crx Si for the track and usually do two track days and some driving in between before changing the oil (also using an OEM Honda filter). It's over 250k miles on the original motor (rebuilt top end by choice).

I'll admit I'm an Amsoil dealer but I don't purely use Amsoil products such as their Brake fluid and fuel injector cleaners and such. For engine oil and Honda tranny oil, I personally recommend it though.

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

Sinub,
I used to be a preferred customer too but my cost benefit was erased when a local store started carrying Amsoil on the shelf at preferred customer pricing. I mostly use Amsoil for my powersports vehicles and I've started using Valvoline since my 8th gen burned oil with any other brand, mostly just trying to get input since some engines seem to favor the density and additives of some oils over others. Being in Arizona between the heat and dust I don't trust extended intervals enough to do 1 year/12-15k changes either to justify the cost of amsoil in my cars.

I tried using Amsoil Synchromesh in my 8th gen si and it was way too thick in the winter (lows in 30s, not below 0 or anything) and even in the summer made my 3rd gear notch almost unbearable. Do our transmissions or LSD's have brass in them? I read somewhere (albiet a while ago) that the additives in Amsoil's MTF don't play nice with brass components which is why the Honda MTF seems to be the go-to for most people as it's brass safe.

I think synchros are brass.
The synchros are brass as with most transmissions. My 87 Crx has brass synchro, most B series has brass and k series, as far as I know, come with brass synchros front factory.

I know people with 8th gens running Amsoil. They have no issues same with myself.

The synchros are brass as with most transmissions. My 87 Crx has brass synchro, most B series has brass and k series, as far as I know, come with brass synchros front factory.

I know people with 8th gens running Amsoil. They have no issues same with myself.

Amsoil synchromesh?

Amsoil synchromesh?
Yes. I should have been more specific. I've also heard good stuff about the Pennzoil Syncromesh, but I love the Amsoil synchromesh and have no complaints to have wanted to try the PS stuff.

Back