Oil change 10,000 miles

My si has run a little over 2k miles in the past 1 year. The oil indicator shows lots of life left. Is it really ok to go on? I'm used to changing oil in my much other car (turbodiesel) every 6 months regardless of usage.

change the oil yourself and use only the best, I would not trust a oil change shop. They use the cheapest junk oil and filters are garbage too. I would not use the oil change indicator-its mostly for idiots and the oil is bad or not as good anymore when it hits 40%.:barf:

I'm not used to wrenching, so will have to get it done somewhere else. Probably will take it to a dealer or a nearby garage that has very good reviews

My si has run a little over 2k miles in the past 1 year. The oil indicator shows lots of life left. Is it really ok to go on? I'm used to changing oil in my much other car (turbodiesel) every 6 months regardless of usage.

Supposedly the oil starts to oxidize after being in the engine after a year. The oil is being exposed to changing temps and humidity and since its not a 'closed' system moisture can enter the ending and mix with the oil. This is the reason why oil companies say xxx miles or up to 1 year

Back