DIY Skunk 2 CAI Install DETAILED and PIC heavy!!

Just an FYI. They now give u a MAF extender so the only wires u have to cut are the ground wires.

I bought mine used so no maf sensor extender. Wish i just bought one instead of extending it. So I did everything and now my car won't rev past 3k and I have emission, power steering and battery light on. Any idea what it is? I'm guessing it's the wire extension for the ground and maf sensor since I have no experience cutting wires and did my best on it.

The new kits come with a maf extender. U could probably buy one from skunk2.

Ah. Yea in my experience with sensors if u don't solder and heat wrap ur probably gonna have problems. If ur not comfortable soldering u can always buy a cheap solder kit and practice on some spare wire. Or just take it to a shop and have them do it. Electrical isn't my favorite either man sorry bout the problem. Hope it all works out.

Ah. Yea in my experience with sensors if u don't solder and heat wrap ur probably gonna have problems. If ur not comfortable soldering u can always buy a cheap solder kit and practice on some spare wire. Or just take it to a shop and have them do it. Electrical isn't my favorite either man sorry bout the problem. Hope it all works out.

Thanks, I'm just gonna have an auto shop do it for me. I don't trust myself doing it. Thanks for the help!

Install the supplied bracket adapter into the upper forward factory battery tray bolt hole HAND tight. Install the supplied bracket onto the bracket adapter using supplied nut (do not tighten yet) and then secure it to the lower intake tube with the supplied bolt (do not tighten yet).
sk28.sized.jpg

Position the MAF housing so that when the sensor is plugged in nothing is interferes with the wiring. Situate the remainder of the intake so that you have proper clearances in the needed areas (avoid rubbing/ rattles).

Tighten all of the intake clamps and the lower intake tube bracket snug but DO NOT over tighten (superhuman strength not required here).

ALMOST DONE!! Connect the supplied silicon breather tube to both the upper intake tube and the valve cover.
sk29.sized.jpg

Place the battery onto the battery tray but do not slide it all the way into it.
Connect the negative battery terminal (do not tighten yet) and plug in the 2 wire plug we extended to reach. Slide the battery all the way down into the tray and arrange the negative terminal so that it doesn't rub on anything then tighten the terminal.
Install the battery tie down.
Connect the positive battery terminal and tighten.

Reinstall the inner fender well and the wheel then lower the car.

That should do it!
sk30.sized.jpg

Parts that we did NOT reuse.
sk31.sized.jpg

Thanks for reading and let me know if I missed anything in the DIY and I will go back and add it in!!
Install the supplied bracket adapter into the upper forward factory battery tray bolt hole HAND tight. Install the supplied bracket onto the bracket adapter using supplied nut (do not tighten yet) and then secure it to the lower intake tube with the supplied bolt (do not tighten yet).
sk28.sized.jpg

Position the MAF housing so that when the sensor is plugged in nothing is interferes with the wiring. Situate the remainder of the intake so that you have proper clearances in the needed areas (avoid rubbing/ rattles).

Tighten all of the intake clamps and the lower intake tube bracket snug but DO NOT over tighten (superhuman strength not required here).

ALMOST DONE!! Connect the supplied silicon breather tube to both the upper intake tube and the valve cover.
sk29.sized.jpg

Place the battery onto the battery tray but do not slide it all the way into it.
Connect the negative battery terminal (do not tighten yet) and plug in the 2 wire plug we extended to reach. Slide the battery all the way down into the tray and arrange the negative terminal so that it doesn't rub on anything then tighten the terminal.
Install the battery tie down.
Connect the positive battery terminal and tighten.

Reinstall the inner fender well and the wheel then lower the car.

That should do it!
sk30.sized.jpg

Parts that we did NOT reuse.
sk31.sized.jpg

Thanks for reading and let me know if I missed anything in the DIY and I will go back and add it in!![/QUOTEh

Bro I got mine second hand how can I extend my maf sensor wires?
go to a place like home depot ( lowes / hardware store / electrical supply / etc) and buy yourself some wire in the same gauge/thickness. You can buy wire by the foot at places like that. Just get the amount you need. Color of wire doesn't matter.

Bro I got mine second hand how can I extend my maf sensor wires?

I cut my wiring and extended them. But if you want you can call Skunk2 and ask to buy the MAF sensor extension clip but me personally I like the clean look of 1 cable vs the multiple clips.

Back