DIY 2012 Civic Si - How to paint front and rear calipers

This will be the first thing I do, but I'll be using silver. So after every cleaning they look clean and fresh.

Last edited:
What sort of shop could i ask to do something like this? Should I ask a bodyshop?
Not looking for anything colourful, but mine are a bright orange from rust and i would like to have the rust sanded out & rust converted before coating with some zinc or primer and a matt black unobtrusive paint.

It may be too small of a job for a body shop, but you could call and ask if they'd be willing to do it. You may need to find a place that can do sandblasting work if your body shop can't. That'd be the quickest way for them to strip them down to bare metal.

Wanted to get a second opionion on if this rust is expected?
My 12 Year old car in India does not have this massive rust, though it drives through much deeper pools, and puts up with more heat and humidity
IMG_20190716_181035478_HDR.jpg IMG_20190716_181052529_HDR.jpg

It definitely looks bad. If you look in google images for rusted calipers you’ll see similar or worse examples.

It definitely looks bad. If you look in google images for rusted calipers you’ll see similar or worse examples.

Eh, looks pretty typical for car exposed to snow/salt.

Mine were ugly like that. Took them off the car and painted the with black G2 caliper paint. It’s worked well for me and calipers alway look better. It was a slow process though and needed the car on jack stands for a week while I mixed in working and doing the brakes.

Back