Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

The salesman at the ford dealer Lied-the engine In the Ford 250 van is a 3.7vtech type engine that makes 275HP which is isn't bad at all, the turbo engine makes 310HP. But the turbo has much more torque. I am worried that someone would drive too fast, so it better to have the more fuel mpg engine. The 3.7 ford engine is excellent, the 3.5 turbo is more than needed. It is a van so as speed picks up tends to blow off the road in heavy wind, so its not a great idea to go super fast. We needed a Van badly a month ago, our old van had the drivers door falling off and 180,000 miles. The turbo has a few problems like they tend to wear out at 100,000 miles. I am just happy to have a nice van to drive again. It was ford or chev and I liked the Ford a lot more. the 3.7 is better than the 4.3 chev by a lot. Well I can only dream of turbo speed unless I throw one on the honda.- However don't really think the honda needs a turbo just some fancy pipes and CAI and a tune and it will go 200,000 like nothing at all. A short shifter would be nice and a big rear sway bar too.:bananapop: The ford 250 Van is very cool. I really like some of the old 350 chev vans-they could really burn some rubber up and some even had 454 in them.:guitar:
:wink1:

Attachments

• DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    416.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00338.JPG
    DSC00338.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00336.JPG
    DSC00336.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Got a custom base tune for the Honda SI, march to 200+HP. I wonder how much power is need to hit 5.5 sec to 60mph. I would guess a bit over 200Hp. The honda seems to roll very well, so it doesn't take much power to get 5.5 secs to 60mph. Now it takes 306HP to hit 5sec ib a type R honda, so 5.5 secs to 60mph is quite fast. A v6 honda does 5.5 secs in 60mph. I am going to do a pull wot in 3 gear to data log tune, soon.:paper: I do that on the hwy, so I won't get a ticket.:hmmm?::unicorn:

I think the ford 250 Van 2019 might be a lemon, it wants to go all over the hwy, doesn't want to stay in its lane. Sam who is a amazon women drove it today and said the same thing. Could a 14,000 miles van have a bent frame? The salesman at ford said don't test drive it long and it was on empty- I am not a trusting at all with car dealers. I intend on canceling the sale. What would you do? Ichecked the air pressure and set at 70pds , it was at 60pds-didn't seem to fix anything. The wheels are very small for a full size van 6.5 x 16 rim that even smaller than my sold- stock wheels srt-4 at 6.5 x 17.:thumbsdown:

How are you planning to cancel a sale on this used van?
I believe a car dealer has to give you a 30 days return on a certified used van, we also paid for a 100,000 war.
I believe the likely problem could be a steering rack bent or perhaps a suspension part. The van doesn't have a dent on it any where. Could be a bent frame too ,but unlikely. being a certified Van and having sold a defective van means it the dealers faulty inspection- Dealers fault for sure. The van has only 15,000 miles on it 2019. I am going to look up Maine lemon laws too apply. I actually believe the dealer has a 90 day warranty- nothing to do with the extended 100,000 miles or 8 yrs we paid extra for . So we have all of the consumer warranty that there are on a used van, perhaps more than a brand new Van. I am guessing someone traded the van in knowing there was a major problem and un loaded on the dealer and then the dealer never bother to check the van out right. This is a Ford dealer not a parking lot filled with used stuff.

I believe a car dealer has to give you a 30 days return on a certified used van
It would say right on the contract. Return policies on vehicles is beyond rare. There is no rule for certified vehicles. It’d be a policy the dealer has for returns, and if they have a return policy I’d be beyond amazed.

Even if they don't have a return policy, if they sell a defective Van and won't solve the problem regardless of the contract, I would sue them damages. We had the van for only 3 days and it unsafe to drive it. Never should have been on their lot for sale. It wouldn't be in the dealership best interest to commit Fraud as they deal mostly with new fords.

Take it to them and have them fix it. Nothing is stopping them from doing repairs

consumer's act of 2015 gives you the right to a full refund if a Car dealer sells you a defective used car-this is within 30days. So now webby has to think that one over! I believe somehow, I already knew that. :badger::feedback: so what do you think of that?:popcorn: The only thing we paid the ford dealer was a trade in of $2500 for the old van with a broken door and 180,000 miles on it. I would take the old van back instead of the $2500, I doubt they fixed the door yet. But good point Webby. Its not in a dealership contract, but a consumer law-2015 that the dealership broke selling a dangerous Van and endangering people's lives'! I had to counter steer the van in both directions at the same time on a Hwy. I am a experienced van driver and the wind was very light that day. I correctly figured out it could only be the van doing that side to side mis direction.

Last edited:
Having worked at a dealership, they’re going to want to do necessary repairs to whatever is broken versus handing you back your money. I have no clue how difficult your dealership wants to make things, but they can sit on their hands and make you take them to court. They can tell a judge they’re trying to do whatever repairs are needed. That’s what a warranty is for.

Well it has a car loan, we can refuse to pay and dump the van at their dealership and also call the state attorney general and sue. I doubt that will happen. I don't know if they can fix the problem or a willing to do so. dealership would have to provide a loaner Van and now pass my inspection by testing it out on the HWY because I want proof its fixed 100%. There is no way, this dealer is going to be able to get out of selling a defective van with bad steering. This is isn't a warrantee issue. No dealer is allowed to sell a dangerous defective Car- Consumer act of 2015 is a Law 100% clear on that for within 30days of purchase-Full refund. The dealer has been caught-Consumer Fraud! The dealership put the car on the lot as safe and did not inspect the car for defects-its on them to fix it to my satisfaction or deal with judge Dredd:dance: I will not make it easy on them, I am pissed off and in the right side of consumer Law. We will see what happens now.

They don’t care if you stop paying your loan. That’s on your credit. Why is everything escalated to the extreme? Just call them up or go to the dealer and have it looked at.

Well that what I am doing, but I have little confidence in car dealers because this is the third time a car dealer covered up defects in a Used Van. One dodge van, one Ford and now another ford. Going to demand a full refund. Ya you are are right about not paying the loan.

Last edited:
Oh man, isn't this some karma sh!t here.

Hyped up how great the van was before getting it. Gets van, learns it isn't what was initially thought; accepts it anyway. Van drives like sh!t and now wants a refund.

I'm dying over here.:rotfl:

Well my sister wants to keep it, so I made a appointment to check wheel alignment and have the tires rotated. Perhaps the wind on the Hwy was pushing it sideways and needed more weight- I may add the wheels were much bigger on the old van. Perhaps the solution is simply bigger wheels and tires. I am very picky. A turbo van would be mostly useless- just not meant to go very fast. Now I hate myself for being so picky!:hiding::bananawhipdance::banghead: Its just a stupid van. I like the Honda si much more-it doesn't blow around in the wind and has big tires and rims. Back to the problem-TNPS sensor not activated on the honda.
Discount tire direct gave me OEM wheel sensors, so the tire shop just doesn't have the Equipment to turn them on. Ok, I guess, just a cranky old man problem doing the work of a 30yr old problem. I notice if I can work smarter, I can out work anyone, but if I work dum then just a old cranky idiot. Looks like when winter comes some snow tires and bigger rims will help with the wind problem on hwy. It looks like the Van is fine after all. I just worry too much after having major problems with the last two vans. Too much bad news in the last couple of months seems to bother me-I turned off cable so I wouldn't watch idiots do stupid things. Looks like webby was mostly right-It was good I checked over everything. the 3.7 ford has 80HP over the chev 4.3 that's quite a difference.

Last edited:
275HP v6 isn't bad, A very reliable motor, I don't mind at all and far better than your Van which you don't have.:pianodance:

Back