Failed emissions... Help!

Stewpitt

Hi all, I am the new owner of a fairly modded 2012 fb6. The previous previous owner had installed a kraftwerks supercharger kit and converted the vehicle to e85. I ran into issues because the vehicle had 4 parameters in the emissions monitors that were 'incomplete' or 'not ready':
1. Fuel system
2. Catalyst
3. Evaporative system
4. o2 sensor

I have attempted to drive cycle the car over the past two days using generic methods as well as the honda-specific method found in the owner's manual.

My questions are:
1. Shouldnt the fuel system readiness complete fairly early on from a cold start? (possible issues with being e85 or FI?)
2. would the fuel system readiness not completing cause the other parameters to not complete because they are sequential? I see people have issues getting the evap monitor to complete but pass with no issues but I am in a rutt because I cant even get the fuel system monitor to complete.

I appreciate any input. This is my first odb2 car that did not require the actual rolling dyno and sniffer test so I've been doing TONS of reading on emissions and how the newer vehicles are tested.

Attachments

• 105942921_755986834938995_7997479257875614825_n.jpg
    105942921_755986834938995_7997479257875614825_n.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 9
You know I acutally came across that thread and couldnt find it again thank you. Honestly, i dont know what version I have... is there a way to find it based off the serial or in flashpro manager?

Correct. You need to reupload your tune to the car and hopefully it’ll resolve for you.

Correct. You need to reupload your tune to the car and hopefully it’ll resolve for you.
Thank you webby, I am going to try it now. I also saw some parameters in the tuned calibrations that may have held up some of the monitors for completing their cycle.

Thank you webby, I am going to try it now. I also saw some parameters in the tuned calibrations that may have held up some of the monitors for completing their cycle.
Who tuned the vehicle? Most tuners disable emissions items like secondary o2, misfire detection, etc.

Unfortunately it can be very hard to reenable those items without throw a CEL or the car not running properly.

What injectors are on the car?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Who tuned the vehicle? Most tuners disable emissions items like secondary o2, misfire detection, etc.

Unfortunately it can be very hard to reenable those items without throw a CEL or the car not running properly.

What injectors are on the car?

From talking with the previous owner who is going based off of his previous owner the c ar was dyno tuned by a highly reputable subaru tuner. I am going thru the tune data and finding out some possible issues tho. I was told they are the grams 1k but the calibrations show 700. The car is also still using the stock map with a pulley that should be making more than 12 psi...

From talking with the previous owner who is going based off of his previous owner the c ar was dyno tuned by a highly reputable subaru tuner. I am going thru the tune data and finding out some possible issues tho. I was told they are the grams 1k but the calibrations show 700. The car is also still using the stock map with a pulley that should be making more than 12 psi...
Sounds like you need to go through the car and figure put what you have and make sure the tune is proper before doing anything else.
When you say stock map, are you referring to the tune map or the MAP sensor? These cars are mass air flow so psi shouldn't matter. There is a map sensor but it's not used in the tune unless you are specifically speed density tuned.

Time for a retune.
I am planning to have the car retuned. Just dont want to have to pay for a tune that will also not pass emissions. Emailed etunez to get the ball rolling.
Sounds like you need to go through the car and figure put what you have and make sure the tune is proper before doing anything else.
When you say stock map, are you referring to the tune map or the MAP sensor? These cars are mass air flow so psi shouldn't matter. There is a map sensor but it's not used in the tune unless you are specifically speed density tuned.

I meant the stock MAP sensor. In FlashPro Manager, the 'AFM enabled' is unchecked and 'Use MAP fuel tables' is checked.

Would i be able to run my car thru emission readiness in this configuration?:
flash back to stock calibrations
swap to oe injectors
disconnect the blower charge piping and run 'naturally aspirated' directly off of the skunk2 intake mani
drain tank and fill ~1/2 tank with pump 91

due to covid i am not sure if procedures have changed but they are not doing rolling dyno and sniffer tests which is what is causing the major headache. previous owner mentioned they had done it this way and the pollutant numbers were within spec to pass despite what I am assuming was an ecu that did not have full readiness.

Would i be able to run my car thru emission readiness in this configuration?:
flash back to stock calibrations
swap to oe injectors
disconnect the blower charge piping and run 'naturally aspirated' directly off of the skunk2 intake mani
drain tank and fill ~1/2 tank with pump 91.

In theory, yes this should work. If all emissions parameters are enabled then the readiness should complete.

What downpipe do you have? Most times even a high flow cat will trip the CEL, that is one reason why tuners disable the secondary o2. Some had to go back to stock downpipe to get obd readiness to finally complete.

What state are u in? Let Steve at etunez know all ur problems and he will help u out. If ur in Cali ur gonna have to put ur car back to stock to pass

In theory, yes this should work. If all emissions parameters are enabled then the readiness should complete.

What downpipe do you have? Most times even a high flow cat will trip the CEL, that is one reason why tuners disable the secondary o2. Some had to go back to stock downpipe to get obd readiness to finally complete.

Funny enough the secondary o2 was disabled but it completed the emissions readiness. I am currently on the stock dp as well.
What state are u in? Let Steve at etunez know all ur problems and he will help u out. If ur in Cali ur gonna have to put ur car back to stock to pass emission via obd2.

unless u have a smog guy.
I am in Colorado. Have not heard back from etunez yet but will expect to hear back sometime next week I assume

Ha ha the car Fuk are attacking without to Ca lie's!:banana whip2::badger::flame::lildevil::beer:

Back