Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Morning :wave: I'm still here.

Was off yesterday (and today). Went to Lowes with wife and MIL. MIL got new stove, fridge, range/microwave, and dishwasher.

We got new a washer & dryer. We have to get stackable versions and had to be a certain size to fit in the area we currently have them.

Last night we had my parents, sister, niece and MIL over for a get together/cookout for the 4th as my niece goes back to her dad's this evening.

Sorry @bauer311 :bighug:

For a few seconds, I kept thinking "Malfunction Indicator Light" till I read the last MIL, mother in law !!! LOL ! Good seeing you back here and I'm glad you had an eventful time getting appliances and spending time with the family.

Hey, are there any Motorcycle folks here?

Is it difficult to learn?

I've road a pit bike and it not hard. I've been told first time riding a bike, we will fall off immediately. I was lucky enough not to fall out and pulled a 10-15ft wheelie before the front wheel landed, hahahahah. Gotta get the hang of shifting and knowing much throttle to open. That's my beginner advise. I'm not a motorcyclist.

I've road a pit bike and it not hard. I've been told first time riding a bike, we will fall off immediately. I was lucky enough not to fall out and pulled a 10-15ft wheelie before the front wheel landed, hahahahah. Gotta get the hang of shifting and knowing much throttle to open. That's my beginner advise. I'm not a motorcyclist.
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/have-a-motorcycle-get-in-here.5814/

When I bought my first one about 2 years ago, I hadn't rode one in probably 15 years and had only rode once at that time. Hopped right on and took off. Just be careful and get an understanding of what you are doing before taking off.

Thanks for the input :)

I'm somewhat interested in a Honda CL77/305 Scrambler -- I figured it was light enough for me to hold up. Failing to find one, I was going to go for a Honda Rebel. I don't know how shifting works on bikes, so that was my main concern.

I really like this one, but I want to do more research before I go any further. It's a '68.

img_azCdZrmu4l.jpg

I looked at the rebels back before I bought anything. Ended up going with Harley Davidson. The rebel was nice but it was smaller than I was looking for at the time.

I rode small dirt bikes when I was a kid. I got a Kawasaki 305 a few years ago and was a little scared at first. It's much heavier than I ever rode but after a while you get used to it. I took a course to get my license but never ended up getting my full license and it expired a year ago. Not really interested anymore.

For a few seconds, I kept thinking "Malfunction Indicator Light" till I read the last MIL, mother in law !!! LOL ! Good seeing you back here and I'm glad you had an eventful time getting appliances and spending time with the family.

lol yeah it was a busy day yesterday.

Our washer/dryer gets delivered the 18th.

Happy 4th of July brothers! Have a safe and happy time with family and friends.

On a seperate note, what do y'all feel about high mileage 9th gens? There are some up around 90k+ in my area, but i feel that may be too much. I would prefer to stay around 60k or below. Just a bit of a feeler question. Thanks

I would think any Honda under 100k would be considered low mileage lol. Just check maintenance records, feel the seller out, check all the usual stuff. Make sure there’s no gaps in panels stuff like that. Maybe ask if u can take it to a mechanic and op the valve cover off yourself and check out the tranny fluid. Also when u test drive it test the **** out of it. Like pin the gears and all that. Make sure it doesn’t do anything funny at high rpm. Shift gears under all loads of driving. I’m sure u know all this.

I would think any Honda under 100k would be considered low mileage lol. Just check maintenance records, feel the seller out, check all the usual stuff. Make sure there’s no gaps in panels stuff like that. Maybe ask if u can take it to a mechanic and op the valve cover off yourself and check out the tranny fluid. Also when u test drive it test the **** out of it. Like pin the gears and all that. Make sure it doesn’t do anything funny at high rpm. Shift gears under all loads of driving. I’m sure u know all this.
I'm only looking to get one from a dealer since i would be trading the subaru in. I know hondas are good for a long time as long as the maintenance is done like it should be. I just don't wanna put my daily in the garage or shop for maintenance anytime soon. I would prolly flush all fluids after purchase anyways to be safe, its all the stuff like the alternator, water pump, and all the little things that start wanting to be replaced around 100k or so.

Oh it’s a trade in. Why not a tenth gen? U fixed on the 9th?
I like the 9ths more, I'm skeptical about the low displacement turbo engines holding up. The k's in the 9ths are tried and true. That and the looks of the 10ths aren't that great to me personally. The only 10th i would buy if i had the money is the type R.

I'm only looking to get one from a dealer since i would be trading the subaru in. I know hondas are good for a long time as long as the maintenance is done like it should be. I just don't wanna put my daily in the garage or shop for maintenance anytime soon. I would prolly flush all fluids after purchase anyways to be safe, its all the stuff like the alternator, water pump, and all the little things that start wanting to be replaced around 100k or so.

Oh.. :( RIP Subaru

Oh it’s a trade in. Why not a tenth gen? U fixed on the 9th?

9th Gen > 10th Gen
looks wise at least.

have any of you driven a 10th gen si?

my local dealer (Metro Honda) are a bunch of cool cats and one time during a oil change i went browsing around and they let me drive a white coupe. I took it around for like 20min lol but right away i could tell it just wasnt for me. i got back n their sales manager asked if i was ready to trade in my si i replied: HELLLL NO

i like the emotion from an N/A engine and like mentioned above the styling isnt as coo as ours. and maybe its just driver mod but they arent as fast stock vs stock (;

Back